ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49

Jungkook
___________

The way you say my name makes it sound so dirty.

I coughed so loudly, almost as if something had got stuck in my throat, remembering my own words hazed with desire during the rut.

I knew vulnerability during rut could make me more verbal which previously were grunts and cussing until I had satisfied myself, taking over my wolf, not submitting to my thoughts, standing on top of my ego and judgements.

Until now.

I could barely shut my mouth from talking non-stop. Especially those things I'd never thought would say aloud.

I talked dirty and a lot.

Ignoring the heat crawling on my face and neck, I focused on the sleeping figure beside me. He stirred in his sleep, slowly opening his eyes, closing soon after snuggling deep into the comforter, tongue peeking out to wet his dry lips with a permanent pout on his face.

Ruts differ from alpha to alpha. The last few days were a roller coaster for us. My rut lasted about a week which normally comes to an end within a couple of days as I won't give in to the natural course so easily. Blame it on the soul bond, our biology was scary, it changed with the intimacy and trust we put in ourselves. It wasn't scary as before. It wasn't painful, not lonely at all.

"Thank you for trusting me," kissing his forehead carefully trying not to wake him up from his deep slumber, I inhaled the sweetness of his scent embracing me.

Precious.

He stirred in sleep again, trying to find another comfortable position which kinda led him to struggle with the blanket he was covered in. As a result, he kicked it away from his body, smiling in his sleep, finding the position more comfortable to sleep in.

Heaving out another sigh, my attention turned to his nakedness under the flimsy material of the robe he wore. Furthermore, the marks and bruises on his neck exposed collarbones and forearms.

Red and beautiful.

I almost growled inside while thousands of doubts crept outside.

There was a part of me that found them pleasing to my eyes while I was scared of his thoughts. Everything was satisfying during the rut as he was made to complete me, complete us. He took everything I gave without any question. Accepted my demands and needs. Now that I'm sober, I'm anxious.

Rearranging his blanket, I ran my fingers through his soft silky hair. He let out a soft sigh. The fever has already gone down but he hasn't woken up yet. Hours ago, he did make me worry with the burning fever and I, who was supposed to take care of him got scared until he made me calm down with his scent.

I thought it was my fault he has fallen sick until he referred it happens at the end of his heat which unconsciously our soul-bonding triggered during my rut to satisfy each other's needs.

From his words, it wasn't anything like his usual cycle, only lasted till my rut but the fever took a troll on him. While he waved it off as if it was nothing, I'm still worried.

"You frown so much, Jungkoo--" both of us froze as soon as my name fell from his lips, flustered.

The way you say my name makes it sound dirty.

No words were spoken after. We both lay on the bed surrounded by awkwardness until he started to ramble about the things I couldn't understand.

Minutes later the same awkwardness returned with much more intensity. I opened my mouth for an uncomfortably long moment wanting to break the silence, no sounds come out when my whole attention turned to the bruises visible on his skin.