Open

Isaac ran in full kit, breathing hard and firing at any targets that pop up.
He was on a combat assessment course. The teachers wanted to see the extent of his abilities and put in through the course, with no argument from the Gear in question.
He envisioned that the black silhouettes were the savage creatures that had plagued his world for 17 years and acted accordingly.
One of the targets popped up in front of Isaac as he vaulted over a barrier.
Isaac revved his chainsaw and yelled as he carved the target in two.
Meanwhile above, in the observation room, Goodwitch watch on with a saddened expression as she watched her charge fight. She watched as he kept his head down and stayed in as much cover as he could when he moved positions as a habit he picked up from years of war.
The audio from the room was also recorded and picked up on the Gear screaming at the target as if they could hear him. He cursed at their existence and laughed as they broke apart, either from bullets, a chainsaw, or a boot.
Ozpin walked in with his signature cup of coffee.
"How is he doing?"
"Violently, I'm not sure why you approved his request."
Goodwitch said, her eyes not leaving the young Gear as he kicked the remains of a target yelling
"Aw did that hurt? Fuck you!"
"Has he been doing that the entire time?"
Ozpin said, watching the soldier's performance with his assistant.
"Not at first, but about 5 minutes in he started acting as he did in the video. I tried to get his attention but he didn't answer."
Ozpin looked on with the same concern his assistant had as Isaac ran through the course, acting as if he was under fire and killed accordingly.
"He is in a trance. He is only focused on the enemy ahead. This is just a guess, but I assume if they are in the active field he will acknowledge you, but if you are not part of the immediate fight he will ignore you until it is done."
"Ozpin, let me talk to him. This isn't healthy for anyone. He could hurt himself."
"I agree. I will see if we can't squeeze in some time. I assume you would want to be the one to interact with him?"
"If that would be alright."
Ozpin nodded and tapped a few keys on his scroll as the course alarm rang out, signaling the end of the training.
Below, Isaac was seen still scanning the area for anything still standing.
"Corporal? Corporal Carver?"
Glynda said over the intercom, trying once again to get Isaac's attention.
They heard Isaac take a few deep breaths before answering through his helmet.
"Lima charlie ma,am. What do you need?"
Glynda took a breath in relief.
"Please meet Ozpin and I in the control room please."
"Roger that. Im oscar mike."
The Professors saw as he walked his way over to the elevator to bring him up to the control room. Before he walked on he gave one of the targets a swift kick, breaking the material in half.
"What level did you put the course on?"
Ozpin asked.
"He requested a medium and then moved onto hard. Those targets currently have the same density as a Beowolf hide."
The targets moved up in density as the difficultly increased. Easy was comparable to a just a few rough scraps of paper, medium was more akin to a human body without aura, and hard was more along the lines of a Beowolf's hide.
This made Ozpin more amazed at the strength of the Gear. This young man was able to, practically, kick a Beowolf head off with ease. His aura was still fresh and was not yet strong enough to enhance his strength so it was not a fact quite yet. Ozpin would be lying if he said he wasn't curious as to how a live action fight would go when Isaac would meet his first Grimm.
As Isaac arrived he placed his Lancer on his back and took a deep breath to steady himself.
"Hello Corporal. How have you been recently.?"
"I've been doing well sir. But I do have a question."
"What is it?"
"I'd like to get back into the field."
The Professors looked at their young soldier in shock.
"What brought this on?"
Ozpin asked.
"I don't feel right just sitting here. I want something to fight, sir."
Ozpin and Goodwitch looked at one another for a moment in understanding.
"Could you please wait outside Corporal, we will call you back soon."
"Yes sir."
As soon as Isaac left the conversation began.
"You can't be seriously thinking of sending him can you?"
"This would be a good opportunity to study how he operates and his mental state is not ready for a slow start yet. He just needs a few tame operations to help slowly adjust him into a calm state of mind."
"Ozpin I'm not entirely sure you are thinking right. You want to sent a young mentally torn up soldier that has had no childhood into more fights to help stabilize him. I'm sorry Ozpin but I can't see the point in it."
Glynda said with a stern look her boss.
"Isaac has not settled in very well mentally recently, surely you've seen it. He is constantly looking around, waiting for threats that will never come, and waiting for the moment he will finally be called back into a fight. You saw his body language yesterday during that little incident with CDRL. We can't force him to settle down. This has to be brought down slowly and carefully. If we try and force him to settle...well...let's just say that I fear the results."
Glynda was about to say something more but decided against it and sighed.
"Fine. But I just want it to be clear that I am not for this."
Glynda said angrily.
"I know. Shall we call him back in?"