The Talk

Once I get home from I start to get butterflies in my stomach because I'm nervous about what Dre is going to say about going back to New York even if it is just for the weekend. I walk in the house and I see Dre sitting on the couch watching television.
"Hey"
"Hey is Kayla sleep"
"Yeah she is how was school"
"It was fine I got a little homework though"
"Oh what did you want to talk to me about"
I walk over to the couch and sit down next to Dre.
"Uhmmm my sister called me today and asked me what I was doing this weekend"
"Why"
"She wanted to know if we could come down there for a family gathering so that she could see us and I think your mom and sister are going to be there to but I don't know"
"You know we can't afford to be flying out to New York we got a lot of responsibilities here that we need to take care of"
"Yeah I know I said the same thing then she said she had raised enough money for us to come out there and for us to get back and I think it would be nice to see everyone and for everyone to see how big Kayla has gotten'
"Baby I really need time to think about this because you know that with everyone being there they'll be trying to start drama"
"Okay I can understand that"
I get off the couch and go fix me something to eat so that I can start on my homework. After I eat I decide to crawl up on the couch into and watch television with Dre. Once I start getting into the movie we were watching my phone rings and its my sister.
"Hello"
"Hey have you decided whether you were coming this weekend so I that can send the plane tickets"
"Well I talked to Dre about it and he's still trying to decide whether it'll be a good idea"
"We are paying for everything and there's nothing not good about it"
"Well hold on and let me talk to Dre.
"Dre she wants to know if she can send the tickets'
"What you wanna do"
"I really do wanna see everyone"
"Tell her she can send the tickets"
"Hello"
"Yeah"
"He said you can see the tickets we'll see you this weekend"
"Okay I'm so glad you decided to come and I'll see you this weekend"
After I get off the phone with my sister I go upstairs and grab my laptop so that I can start my homework. As I an doing my homework me and Dre are playing and laughing like we did when we first got together and I loved this feeling. After I finish my homework I go upstairs and take my shower so that I can get ready for bed. As I'm going upstairs to get in the shower Dre starts to hug and kiss on my neck and I ain't going to lie it does feel good but I know I'm just not ready right now.
"Dre you need to stop because I don't think I'm ready to go there right now"
"What you mean you not ready you saying that like we not going to be together and we don't already have a child together"
"Its not that its just...."
"No I don't wanna hear it don't even worry about it"
I run upstairs and close and lock the door while I take my shower. I try not to be to loud because I don't wanna wake Kayla and give her a reason to think something is wrong. I hate her to know that we're fighting because I don't want her to worry and start asking questions. When I get out if the shower its 12:00 and I go to try to resolve things with Dre because I don't want him right go to bed mad at me. I walk downstairs to see Dre with his headphones in his ear listening to music. I go over to him and looks st at him with a sad face and I sit on his lap. He tries to act like he mad at me but deep down I know he not going to stay mad. He looks up at me with those brown eyes that I fell in love with and it feels like our first night together all over again. I pull out his headphones and grab his phone to let him know I want his undivided attention.
"Baeee you know you can't stay mad at me I wasn't trying to make you mad I just....
"I know you weren't trying to upset me but as long as you've known me you should know I ain't going to leave you or my daughter I love y'all with all my heart I'll do anything for y'all y'all mean the world to me"
"Well I'm glad to know that you finally got your head on straight because I can remember back when we were in New York and you showed up to your momma house with that girl but that's back when you wanted to have everybody"
"Yeah but I ain't going to lie when you moved out here to California with that Jason dude something made me realize that I should've came after you and held you and my daughter and told you that I never want to leave you that I love you"
"I've always wanted you to come after me there were nights when I was laying with him and I really wanted you to call me and say that you were standing outside so that I can run to you and hug and kiss you"
"Well I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere when I moved out here to show you that I'm really ready to commit to you and Kayla and I can't wait to say I do in front of all our family and our beautiful daughter"
I put my head into Dre's neck and he held me until I went to sleep.