Chapter Four

Nina's POV:

I get to the park. It's completely empty, and I wonder how did he pull that off. There's no one here. There's nothing indicating that he is here or that he has been here. I look around for some type of sign. But there's nothing.

I walk to the swing-set which Alex and I used to hold hands on. We would always sit on this end pair. If other kids were there, we'd nicely ask them to move, and if they didn't we threw mulch at them. We usually ended up getting in trouble because they'd go crying to their parents, but as soon as they left, our moms let us do whatever we wanted.

They didn't really care. They were more involved in each other then conducting our bad behavior. I sit on the swing. It creaks. I swing back and forth, and creaks, but it kind of goes along with the sound of the wind that we were getting today. For where we live, this was the coolest day, especially in the middle of July. It's only 77 degrees today, so the wind is cooler and less dry than it would be on any other hot day.

I exhale, loudly wondering what the surprise was. There were no further rules, clue, or directions. So I sat there, waiting for something to happen. Waiting for Alex. Hoping he would be there. I heard a rustling in the bushes behind me. I turn around, but there was no one there. It must've been the wind.

Maybe Alex was here. Maybe he thought that I wasn't coming so he left. His car isn't even here. Then I hear a light buzzing sound come from the bushes. It's not the buzzing like a bug, but more like a microphone connected to a speaker.

I get up, turn around and walk towards the bushes. I don't see anything, but I'm not going to go inside of the bush to look, either. Then I hear a faint voice. It's not loud at first, but then it grows. And when I can finally make out what it is saying, this is what I hear:

"Happy Birthday, Nina," It's Alex's voice. "So, I think you can hear me, now. I promised you wouldn't have to see me. But you know that you love the sound of my voice, so you get to hear me. I miss you alot. Like alot alot." He pauses.

"Stop!" I yell out. "Stop talking." And it stops. So I was right. He was using a speaker and microphone. And he heard me, so he's here. I turn back around. The park is still deserted.

Then the voice starts again. "I'm down the butterfly trail." Oh shit. Why the butterfly trail? Where there are a billion butterflies! But I don't care that it's the butterfly trail. I'm ready for my prize. I'm ready to apologize and to be with Alex again, because he is my forever and my always. And I love him. I love him so much that at times I hate him.

But never again. I'll never leave him again or attempt to give up on us, because our love is stronger than that. I know it is. And I'm fighting to win him back.

___________________________

A/N: HEY GUYS.! I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVE ALL CAPS, BUT I DO. SO HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE SECOND BOOK SO FAR?

YEAH, WELL. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE. YOU CAN MESSAGE ME ANYTIME ABOUT THE STORY OR JUST ANYTHING. I HAVE NO LIFE AND LOTS OF FREE TIME.

ANYWAYS, SORRY FOR THE SHORTNESS OF THE CHAPTER. AND I'M ALSO SORRY, BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS GOING TO BE REALLY SHORT. IT'S NOT EVEN A BOOK, REALLY. IT'S JUST TO GIVE YOU GUYS AND ENDING TO ALL THE HAPPENED IN THE LAST BOOK...SO YEAH.

THANK YOU TO ALL MY FOLLOWERS. AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO VOTE AND COMMENT GIVE ME FEEDBACK...ALL OF MY READS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME...WHETHER IT'S ONE, TEN, OR A HUNDRED.

SO, YEAH. BYE. <3

__________________________