Chapter 4

WHO IS IT!” My mom asked excitedly.

“Oh, hi Harry!” I answered into the phone. ‘Styles’ I mouthed to my mom and Shia. Their jaws dropped.

“When did you..” Shia asked.

“Actually I’m headed to New York today, but I’ll be back...” my eyes darted to Shia for an answer.

“Tuesday night.”

“Wednesday.” I told Harry.

“Harry Styles!” My mom was still in shock.

“HARRY?” Emma’s head appeared in the doorway. “Where?”

“Maddy is talking to him.” My mom said.

Emma ran to my side and thrust her hand in my face. “I want to talk to Harry Styles!” She bounced up and down in anticipation.

“Hey Harry, I have a nine-year-old here who might explode if she doesn’t get to talk to you. Mind if she says hi?”

“Not at all, love.” His voice was smooth and collected. ‘Love’ must just be a British thing, like I would call someone dude. It didn’t mean anything endearing. Did it?

“Hi,” Emma put my cell phone up to her ear. “Harry? Is this you.” He had obviously answered yes because her face lit up. “Um, Hi Harry, I’m Emma. I’m Maddy’s sister.... Yeah. She sings like you do, and that’s kinda cool. Are you with Niall?” She looked a bit disappointed, “That’s okay. No offense, but he’s my favorite... Yeah I think he’s really cute... Uh huh. Harry? Are you going to be Maddy’s boyfriend?”

“Emma!” I reached for the phone as she evaded my grasp.

“I think you should. She sings and you sing and you could sing together... Yeah, and then Niall can be my boyfriend.” She giggled briefly, then paused, listening. “Alright, Harry, here’s Maddy.” She handed me the phone back.

“I apologize for that.”

“No, it was cute. I think I might be able to set her up with Niall.” I laughed. “It could be a double date.”

“That would be... Wait. Date? Did you just ask me out?”

“Is that a yes?”

I thought for a moment. “How bout we start by hanging out one on one? How does Wednesday at one sound?”

“Sounds great. I’ll pick you up.”

“Deal. Listen, I have to go pack for New York, but I’ll text you!”

“Yeah, sounds good, love!”

“Alright! It’s a date. Er.. not a date. It’s a hang out. It’s... yeah. I’ll talk to you la-”

“Wait! Before you go, do you go by Madeline or Maddy?”

Nobody had asked me that since I started my career. “Depends.” I answered, “My friends call me Maddy. Fans call me Madeline.”

“Maddy it is. I’ll see you Wednesday.”

“Wednesday!” I affirmed. I pressed the end button on my phone. My eyes lingered on the device for a moment before I looked up and Shia and my mom.

“Harry asked me on a date!” I squealed a little bit and hugged my mom. “You know, we have a celebrity couple name already! It’s Hazzaline. Or Hardy. But I like Hazzaline better.”

“You two are going to be media royalty! Be prepared for crazy things, girly. But until then,” Shia picked up her laptop. “I am going to be at the office. I’ll pick you up at seven, our flight leaves at nine!”

With that, Shia was out the door. I was beyond excited. I was going to New York. Harry had just asked me on a date. All was well in the world. I ran upstairs to start packing.