Chapter four

Ethan POV:

"See you." I hung up. Breath in breath out.  I walk backwards towards my bed and flopped down. "I better take a shower as well." I tell myself but I don't feel like it. All I can think about is her. "How could she have forgotten we were partners in Spanish class.

Past-

"Come on dude just ask her before I change my mind on being Sam's partner." Breath in breath out. "Give me a second goddamn it." I walk up to her and she has her earphones in listening to something. I tap her. She takes off her earphones and stares at me. "Yes?"  "Well, do you want to be partners?" She blinks a couple of times before saying yes. Basically the project is to have a whole conversation in Spanish for at least 3 minutes. "So what should we say." She looking at her fingernails, the one that chipped. "Well, we can introduce ourselves to one another." "Yeah but that's too basic don't you think," she started to pick at the  nail. "We don't even know each other's name." I just want to scream "I know yours and I want to know more about you too!" But instead I said. "I guess you're right. Let's do this." The bell ring and I'm in 3rd period. Rubies in that class as well she in all my classes and honestly she the only reason I came to school before but now I got my eyes on her. "Dude you should definitely make a pick up line. She looks like she is into that." I roll my eyes. "Hell no." She hits me on the back. "Then what are you gonna do me and Sam was looking at y'all two..." she fake cries and hugs me. "And I got secondhand embarrassment from you. You have 0 game. Absolutely none." "FUCK YOU." I push her off of me and she starts laughing at me. "It's harder than you think." She give look. "Is that supposed to be a challenge?" She steps in front of me. "In that case. Here's a proposal. By the end of this year you have to ask her out."  "And what if I don't?" She playfully hits me. "If you don't.." she stares at me. "Then you have to date that girl in bio class. What her name?" "Her name is Molly, and I'm not gonna do that." She puts her hands on my shoulders. "If you do date her I'll ask Mianna out-"  "deal!"

What I totally forgot about that. I call up Rubie. "Sup dude." I'm grinning ear to ear. "You still  got Mianna's phone number ?" I hear her get out of some room she's in. "Why would I have my ex phone number- wait you lying."  "But I didn't even say anything all I did was a ask you." She interrupted me. "I don't have to I know you. And you wouldn't lie about this so... do I really have to do it?" I roll my eyes I want to see her suffer but not to that level. "No... but you have to go to that party tomorrow." She sighs. "You don't even know the person."  "Who cares I don't have nothing to do and you need to leave that house." I can feel the smile on her face. "Ok you win so I'll go. Now go to bed it 3:00 in the morning." I was gonna tell she was up aswell but she hung up before I could. I wake up around 3:00 pm and see see some text messages.

Rubie👊🏽🤨: who's gonna be at the party (1:05)

Rubie👊🏽🤨: will River be there😏 (1:05)

Matthew🤜🏿🤛🏽: so you going or nah  (Now)

Molly: hey (now

4new essages from River👸🏾♥️

Why'd she text me so much? I check her texts and it just doesn't make sense.

River👸🏾♥️: Gm Ethan☺️ (12:02)

River👸🏾♥️: 😅 Ik this might sound like a crazy thing to ask but, are you ok?(12:30)

River👸🏾♥️: Just text me when you see this🙂 1:00

River👸🏾♥️: It's 2:30 I'm about to go to the Dr. Appointment  (2:32)

I called her, but she didn't answer me. She probably now at her Dr appointment I'll just text her.

Me: I'm sorry for not getting you text from earlier I went to sleep late. Is everything ok?

I say their for a couple of minutes to see if she would answer but she didn't, so I texted Matt.

Me: yeah I'm bringing Rubie too

Then I texted Rubie next

Me: I don't really know everyone one  that's coming

Me: does it even matter🤨 come on let's just have fun 🤪

Rubie🤨👊🏽: Fine who's house is it at

Me: it's fine I'll pick you up

Rubie🤨👊🏽: nah dude Ik your plans 👊🏽 goofy who is it🤨

Me: Sam's  house his parents are gone for a while

Rubie🤨👊🏽: are you fucking crazy that guys I freak🤢

Me: Nooo I need you their

Rubie🤨👊🏽: don't you got your gf😏

Me: Idk if she's coming so I need you besides we had a deal😚

Rubie🤨👊🏽: 🖕🏽ok goddamn

Me:🤧 ty

Me: if he touches you I'll beat his ass👊🏽😡

Read (4:00)