Chapter 1: The Bus

Total words: 443 

The bus was moving forwards. You were sitting beside the window, staring outside. The scenery was always beautiful. Your last year of college already. Time went by fast. Before you knew it, it was over.

The door opened. Your eyes immediately pulled away from the window and shot towards the compartment door.

"Hello." You smiled when you saw Athena walk through the door quickly followed by Reno and Akira. Reno and Akira waved 'hi' and sat down while Athena stayed quiet. There was always something wrong with her.

"So what's up with Miss Athena goddess of.. What was it?" you asked jokingly.
"War. And haven't you heard?" She exclaimed, taking her phone out of her pocket.

You looked at her confused. Not sure what was going on. You hadn't really talked to either of them lately. You occasionally exchange texts.. But that was it.

"Stop it, Athena, it's probably just a silly rumor." Reno sighed.

"I've seen him he has to be-" Athena yelled.

She probably raised her voice to try and sound more believable. Even though you had no idea what the conversation was about, you desperately wanted to know.

"Has to be what?" You asked.

Athena sighed and looked away as if she was doubting her own theory. Akira turned to look at you. Her green eyes examining your face. You look back at her. She sighs while shaking her head.

"She is under the impression that

Apollo Alvers is now going to your school."

"Apollo Alvers from highschool?" you choked out. The name felt bitter on your tongue. You start recollecting your memories of how he tormented you in highschool. How he called you mean names. And how he made fun of you with his friends.

Your friends knew you hated him. He had been tormenting you all of highschool. No doubt he would do it now too.

"So why did he choose my school?" you say quietly almost in a whisper.

It got quiet for a moment until Reno talked out. " Wait, wasn't he a grade above us? How could he go to your school? That question lingered in your mind for a while. What if it really was just a rumor? What if he wasn't going to your school after all? As your hopes were going up the doors of the bus shift open again. This time it was for Reno and Akira to leave. They quietly whisper "Goodluck" as they stand up. You go back to thinking about Apollo but soon the thought is interrupted by roaring laughter coming from the bus doors.

Somehow it sounded familiar. You turned to look that way and was left speechless by what you saw.