0.1

My mind was playing tricks on me again

'Give up Emerson, no ones going to adopt you' she would tell me.

This happened every day.
I would sit alone in my little room and listen to my nasty thoughts bitch on about myself.
That's until I would get called.
"EMERSON! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW" The Devil demanded from down stairs. And by Devil I mean Mrs Braud the coordinator of the orphanage. Every morning I get called down for something! Either I'm in trouble or I get given jobs because apparently I'm the most RESPONSIBLE.
Jogging down the steps I made my way towards the lounge watching as all the younger children scattered at the sight of Mrs Braud entering the room.
"Emerson, go into the kitchen and finish those dishes for me would you?"
I didn't reply. I never reply. In fact I never talk.
"NOW!" She screamed, sending fright straight through my body.
Before thinking I walked straight to the kitchen and began running the hot water into the sink.

'See your worthless! Your always getting yelled at you stupid girl'

I hit my hands against my head trying to stop the voices but they talk whenever they want to talk.

'I'm never leaving Emerson just stop'

I couldn't stand them.
I turned my sight back to the running water and finished washing the dishes before emptying the water and jogging upstairs, but before I could make it fully up I was stopped by a dark husky voice.
"You must be Emerson?" The voice caggled.
Spinning on my heals I was surprised to see a rather tall boy standing at the bottom of the staircase, eyes pierced on mine.
"Ah I'm Calum" he boy said.
It was kind of scary because the boy... Well Calum actually looked a lot like me.
He had black hair like mine and dark tanned skin also like mine, wow.
I really wanted to talk to him but I remember what happened last time I spoke up.
Calum stood awkwardly for a while just scratching the back of his neck.
"Would you mind if I came up and had a chat?" He asked never leaving eye contact.
I couldn't help but nod and many moments later I was leading the boy to my room.
I knew Calum was somewhat looking to adopt so I never bothered actually ACTING adorable because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to adopt a 13 year old scrabby girl.
" so this is where you sleep and stuff?" He mumbled taking a seat on my small single bed. I nodded my head slightly before turning it to the floor in shame.
I hated when people visited my room, it's dirty and yuck.
"So, how old are you Emerson?" He darted his big Brown eyes straight at mine causing me to flinch and loose the eye contact, still not replying to him.
"Your not a talker ay"
I felt ashamed.
I felt ashamed to be me.
I felt ashamed to be here.
I felt ashamed by everything.
"Ahh Mr Hood! I see you found Emerson" Mrs Braud Commented from the door.
Both mine and Calum's head turned to her before he stood to his feet.
"Yeah, she's such a lovely girl" he mumbled smiling softly at me before returning to Mrs Braud.
What?
He thinks I'm lovely.
No one has ever said that to me before.
"Um Mrs Braud do you think we could talk in private?" Calum asked leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

'Your worthless! He doesn't want you!' My mind told me.

And that's when I realised he really doesn't.
I've been here for 5 years.
No one wants me.
I layed my body down along the small bed twirling my long wavy locks between my fingers.
But that's when i was cut off by the door viciously swinging open.
"EMERSON PACK YOUR STUFF YOUR GETTING ADOPTED"

•.•.•
HI SO THAT WAS PROBABLY SO BAD AHHH
BUT YEAH THIS IS MY NEW BOOK ABOUT BEING ADOPTED BY CALUM YAYA
HOPE YOU ENJOY! FEEL DREE TO COMMENT SOME IDEAS OR WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN LATER IN THE STORY :)) LMFAO THIS IS LAME BHAHAH BYE XOXO