[31] Depart

It all seemed pointless.

If Dottore was out there in Inazuma right now, just mere islands away from you, it would be pointless to move out quickly.

Itto and Scaramouche know to some extent what the other harbinger may want, but the thing is what would he even need that would seem important to him to come all the way to Inazuma?

You wanted everything to be done with. You're getting exhausted and the last fight took a toll on you.

Your mother is still in hiding due to Yae Miko but after hearing Dottore was entering the palace, no ones sure if she's still there.

So right now you're getting ready to depart to Narukami to figure out what the hell is happening.

Everyone's outfits changed except for Itto, but only a slight change where his long sleeveless coat is altered to short sleeves, making the coat longer and wrapped around his body.

Since the fight on Mondstadt everyone had to make a change to their outfits, due to it being either completely damaged to no repair or just slightly.

Thoma only had to change his jacket to leather but it still looked the same to his old one. Though, he did change his black shirt to an inner chest window.

For you though... everything had to get redone and with the help of Thoma and with Yae, your outfit was done before you left.

And of course you incorporated your two cultures: Snezhnaya and Inazuma in your outfit.

Starting up, you have a big/long white faux fur over your right shoulder (like sesshomaru) that is also on the same side you're wearing your black haori.

The other shoulder is bare, showing the sarashi underneath but, with another layer on top is a longer haori jacket that stops around your ankles (only off shoulder on the right side) Blue and red metallic dragon designs decorating the bottom.

Then for the lower half, just black hakama pants, geta wooden sandals and stirrup black socks that goes below your knee.

So once you were done and got out of the hotel room and into the meeting room, you sighed into the seat as you gaze at the window. Everything seemed so calm right now... you wouldn't doubt something horrible would happen any second.

The silence was almost deadly. You hated it.

"Daydreaming?" Itto says as he announces his arrival and takes the seat next to you, spreading his legs a bit.

"Something like that, yeah." You still had your eyes looking outside, blues and pinks painting your gaze.

He hums and leans forward to grab a lollipop from a crystal bowl and hands you one—leans in to take a better look at your face, "you're worried huh?"

You turn to look at the Oni and slowly nod and reached for the lollipop he offers you.

Yeah, you're worried. More importantly because you and the other's didn't finish off the battle with mother and she fled the moment her sister appeared.

She barely gotten any hits from either of you besides the ones you left on her but, that was it. She basically left unharmed until she reached Inazuma and Yae detained her.

"What's not to be worried? Anything could happen." You leaned more back into the chair, patiently waiting for the others to arrive.

Itto then gets down onto his knees and gets in front of you, tilting your chin down so you are looking at him.

"You have nothing to be worried about, sweetheart. I promise you I will do everything I can to keep you and the other's safe," he waits for a moment and looks away, "damn, I sound so cheesy..."

You laughed and brought him closer to you and placed his head on your lap—running your fingers through his white ombré messy hair.

"No I like it, even if you did sound cheesy." You whispered and he moves his head to look up at you.

The both of you stare at each other, a grin grazing his face but he looked so soft and sweet at the moment, but then he sighs heavily and drops his face down onto your lap—mumbling something.

He was rubbing his face down and the mumbling stopped for a moment, "Itto?" There was no answer and you tried again, "Itto, what's wrong?"

A groan is muffled between your legs and he immediately looks up, "I'll tell you when everything is over, that's my goal for you sweetheart." He reaches out for your hands, presssing two kisses on each hand.

And after that, everyone started piling in. A few guards stood at the door and Yae Miko took the seat next to you. Scaramouche was the one leading the mission and explaining what might happen and what everyone is going to do.

He suspects that Dottore might've gone to visit Ei and probably has a gnosis (who knows how) and is set to give it to her, wanting to expand her strength.

"If that were to happen, we need everyone on guard. Last thing we want is having to fight both Ei and her puppet, if it comes down to that." Yae turns to Scaramouche, both nodded.

Everyone was dismissed and to go to the boat to leave Watatsumi Island to head over to Narukami Island. There was a big boat waiting and on top was two figures.

The closer you got the more you slightly recognized them as Beidou and Kazuha. Gorou and Kokomi quickly made it to the boat and talked to them.

People were boarding and getting everything settled down with boxes of weapons and other important things.

And after an hour or two, it was finally time to depart and get to Narukami Island.

You're not going to lie if whatever Scaramouche had said back in the meeting has made you nervous, you truly were. You, Miko and your brother know she is not to be underestimated especially with how she's an archon.

If things go south and it ends up going that way, you'll have to prepare and take the risk... no matter what would happen, you'll lay your life to save anyone if it means to protect.

Itto had said he would protect you but what if he's not there on time?

You blew out a shaky breath and sat down on a box behind you and closed your eyes for a few moments. Gathering your thoughts on the matter, you hope nothing too bad happens.

________

FIRST PART AND IK ITS A SHORT CH THAN USUAL BUT I HAD TO CUT IT SINCE IT WAS GETTING PRETTY LONG 😵‍💫

next ch will be out on a later time today!

so after this ch there will be 4 more parts but the LAST ch will be a laid back than the others coming up 🧍

AND IF YOU CAN GUESS WHATLL HAPPEN UR RIGHT BUT ITLL BE SLIGHT SPOILERS