First Love

There was no place in (Y/N)'s heart for love. It didn't matter how many people have tried to crawl inside her chest and fill it up with affection, the young girl was merely unimpressed by their attempts.

But she wasn't heartless. She used to have a crush on a boy back when she was barely 9 years old. He was the only one (Y/N) has ever devoted herself to. She let him come close to her, sharing small kisses on the playground and promises to meet again. It was fairly innocent to her.

Her parents were always her role models and she tried to replicate their relationship with the boy on the playground. They would play house and while she cooked dinner with sand, he pretended to come home late from work.

Sometimes they would hide in the bushes next to the playground where her mother couldn't see them. That's when they did more 'adult stuff'.

She remembers exactly how she felt while he kissed her on her lips with one hand on her waist and the other on her head. How he went further.

It was love to her.

...

However, how all good things had to end, their relationship was not meant for eternity. They couldn't hold on to their little love story when (Y/N)' father caught wind of it.

And so one day, it was him who accompanied the young girl to the playground to meet the boy.

Although she was young, she still knew what anger looked like on a person. And her father showed pure fury in his eyed - disgusted by the teenager who played with his daughter.

Her father immediately sent (Y/N) away to play by herself in the sand as he approached the boy. Grabbing him by the collar of the shirt, his lips moved as he said something to him, unfortunately, the two of them were out of her earshot.

The (H/C) haired watched her parent interact with the only person she grew to love.

And she never saw him after this. They never met at their usual spot again - no kisses hidden from the sight of others, no wandering hands on her skin, and no promises to come back.

Not even a goodbye.

...

(Y/N) hated being reminded of her first love. Back then she simply didn't know what was wrong with their relationship. Only years later did she develop a deep resentment towards him.

The door to the guidance counselor's office opened as Jasper walked out with his head hanging low. As soon as he closed it behind him did he look up from the floor with excitement written across his face.

He beamed at the young girl, showing off his teeth with his wide smile.

That's when she remembered his name.

Walking closer, (Y/N) beckoned Jasper to her. He immediately got to his knees in front of her, relishing in her hand on his head, petting him like a dog.

Unbeknownst to him, she was fuming inside. The 15-year-old boy who groomed her younger self was named Casper.

Sounds awfully alike...

As she looked down at Jasper gazing at her so lovingly, she remembered herself in his position. Begging for any kind of attention from an older boy, pleading for his affection.

She couldn't help herself as she gripped his hair and tugged his head back.

"Did he believe you?"

Jasper nodded enthusiastically. He was eager to hear her praise him. That's why he did all of this and both of them were aware of it

"Good," a small smile curved her lips upward. She looked genuinely proud of his performance so she signaled him to get up.

Her hands gripped the from of his shirt and she pulled him closer to her body. Just as he used to do.

Placing her right hand on the back of his neck, she pushed him towards herself as she connected her lips with his. Just like he used to do.

...

At first, he didn't know what to do. (Y/N) never let him be in her proximity, always keeping an arm's length distance from everyone including him.

And now, she wouldn't even air stand between them with her body pressed on his.

A shiver went down his spine when he snaked his arms around her waist. He didn't want her to stop anymore at all. He didn't need to breathe; he could die right here and have no regrets.

But (Y/N) had enough. She was sure she had entertained his weak heart enough to stop, however, as soon as she leaned back to distance herself, Jasper pulled her closer again with his lips firmly pressed on her.

It took her a few tries to push him away from her. "Would you cut it out already?" She furrowed her brows as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

The boy smiled sheepishly at the young girl - the taste of her still on his tongue. "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have pushed you."

"Exactly. Don't get on my nerves," she put a hand on his shoulder, bringing him down to her eye level. "If I reward you, you accept it gratefully. Don't bite the hand that feeds you."