•••

° • ° • °

In 1944, Stinney and his family lived in Alcolu, a little town that will be seen in Clarendon County. Stinney, a boy who is so small that most people seemed like he is a child, is well-behaved and an honest student. He lives along with his mother, father, two brothers, and two sisters. His father, George Stinney Sr., was working for Alderman Lumber, and Stinney's family lived in a humble company house. The business they hold is that, they own homes to tenants and sublets to families. George Jr.'s blood raised a cow named Lizzy, and his duties and chores inside their household include milking and grazing Lizzy.

On Friday, March 24, 1944, little Stinney came home from school and brought his 9-year-old sister, Aime Lou, to the fields to exploit and graze their cow, Lizzy. The field was located between the houses and also near the railroad tracks that is separating the black and white communities of Alcolu, this area can be also caught from the Stinney's house.

During the duties of the child with his sister, two girls named Betty June Binnicker, age 11, and Mary Emma Thames, age 7 were pushing bicycles near Stinney and his sister. When these young girls got nigh the siblings, they asked George and his sister if they knew where the Maypop flowers were, but the Stinneys told them they didn't know where to seek out the flowers, and so without further ado, the girls left after their brief communication.

Later that time, Aime Lou Stinney Ruffner recounted that it was absolutely strange to see white girls in their area because Caucasoid or white race usually didn't venture to the black side of town. Lou Stinney's friend also recalls a lady named Mrs. Daisy looking at the fields from her window, as she waved at her then turned away.

After the wind blew the time, Aime Lou and Stinney returned home, take their cow, Lizzy, to her barn, have their dinner, and begin doing homework.

Charles Stinney, who is one of the brothers of George Jr. and is 12 years old at that time of the crime, said that when his brother and sister returned home, they just looked normal or identical as they were when they left: their clothes weren't torn or stained with blood, and no evidence of a struggle, as they joined the family on casual like they usually do.

Little do the family know that on the entering evening, huge trouble was waiting. Night came, for the sun was swallowed by the gloom when the Stinney's family attended a neighbor's party, where after, their village learned that two girls within the field had not yet returned home on the howling night.