•••

Years had passed until George Stinney's judgment of conviction, was overturned in 2014. His siblings testified that his confession was coerced which he had an alibi. His brother said, at the time of the murder, he was watching the family cow along with his sister Aime. Returning the case, they also note that a person named Wilford "Johnny" Hunter, an inmate who enjoyed a time with Stinney after the trial and before his execution, provided an affidavit on December 10, 2013, he said that Stinney denied killing Binnicker and Thames, Stinney also told Hunter that he briefly met the girls while they were searching for flowers within the field.

"He said, 'Johnny, I don't, I don't," Hunter said.

He said, "Why would they kill me for something I didn't make?"

After months of deliberation, on December 17, 2014, Judge Carmen T. Mullen overturned Stinney's sentence, calling the death sentence "a great and fundamental injustice."

Siblings of George Stinney Jr. were delighted to listen to that their brother was exonerated after 70 years, appreciative that they could live long enough to work out this happening.

"It was as if a cloud had just left," said Stinney's sister, Katherine Robinson.

"When we heard the news, we were sitting with some friends. I raised my hand and said: 'Thank God! Someone had to concentrate. This is often what we wanted of these years."

° • ° • ° • °