•••

On April 24, 1944, it was the charging day of the teenager who was troubled when he heard the sentence given to him by the judge which was awful and terrifying, "death by electrocution". The charge was clearly not fair or prejudiced.

Following in time the judgment on the court, George Stinney Jr.'s case spread throughout the village and it was a piece of horrible news to the people to see or hear a child facing a trembling penalty without a further dig and examinations.

In South Carolina, white and black ministerial union organizers appealed to Governor Olin Johnston to grant Stinney clemency for his young age. Meanwhile, many letters and telegrams poured into the governor's office, begging him to point out mercy to Stinney. Stinney's supporters have appealed to everything from the essential idea of fairness to the Christian concept of justice. But within the end, none of that was enough to avoid wasting Stinney.

June 16, 1944, came and George Stinney Jr. entered the execution room of the South Carolina prison in Columbia with a Bible in hand. He was on the stand of fear and muddled emotions while walking and seeing the chair prepared for him. Further, this child only weighed 95 pounds and wore a loose striped jumpsuit who was tied to an adult instrument of execution. He was so small that the state electrician had a tough time attaching electrodes to his right leg, and a mask that was too big for him was placed on his face.

Assistant Captain asked Stinney if he encompasses a last word but Stinney replied "no". The prison doctor urged, "Don't you wish to mention anything about what you did?" Again, yet Stinney still replied, "No, Sir."

Without any hesitation and blew, as the room was clouded on silence, imagine this child's eyes were covered in tears, and fear was visible while his saliva is starting to escape from his mouth when the Captain turned on the switch containing 2400 volt to burn this child, until it was over, as George Stinney Jr. was announced dead shortly.

(What do you think, why George Stinney Jr. was pointed and became the central focus of Thames and Binnicker case?)