An Unexpected Visitor ~ Blaze

I was alone in my hotel room. It was quiet and serene. It was odd; I'd always lived a life where calamity followed me. Peace never seemed to last. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I looked into the peephole and saw Sonic. My heart pumped at a speed that almost seemed impossible. It was a strange sensation, but I tried to bury the feeling. My shaking hand grasped onto the door.

"Blaze, I got you something," Sonic said. If he got me a snow cone, I swear I would lose it! I gave him a look that said it all. "Don't worry. I only brought flowers." I blushed. Those couldn't have been meant for me, could they? I mean, he has Sally, unless...

"Wait," I said, coming to a realization. "You don't usually get flowers for a girl unless they like them... Are you saying..."

"That I like you, no," he said. "That I love you, yes."

"But.. I don't understand," I stuttered. "Why me?" Sonic looked at me wistfully.

"Are you kiddin!? Blaze, you're just about the coolest gal I ever met." He paused, probably thinking back to all the good times we had. He looked me in the eyes. "You're also gorgeous. Like, smokin hot." Okay, that was really getting uncomfortable.

"Sonic," I replied. "I don't think I'm meant to... fall in love."

"Why not, Blaze?"

"I.. I just... I don't know how to do it.."

"Oh. Okay then," he grumbled. I feel bad that I had to tell him that, but it's the truth.

"Well, this is awkward," Sonic said, gazing at the flowers. I tightly gripped the flowers by the stems.

"Sonic," I said. "I appreciate the flowers, but I'm just not looking for a boyfriend. It's not you, it's me." Tears start leaking out.

"Okay," he said. "I gotta go." He runs out, fast. I wonder if he really did have to leave. Probably not. I put on my pajamas and got ready to sleep.

I woke up. I realized that I should probably call my mother. I thought I should tell her about everything going on. She would know what to do. I glanced over at the hotel room's phone. My heart started pumping so fast. Suddenly, the phone let out a ring. Heart pounding, sweat dripping, eyes watering, I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I answered. "Blaze speaking."

"Hello there, Blaze," the caller replied. "I'm just giving you a heads-up to break up with my Sonic or there will be consequences."

"Amy, is that you?"

"No." she paused. "It's ...uh.. um...Sally."

"Okay, Sally," I replied, playing along. "I thought you broke up with Sonic."

"Well, I regretted my decision. I want to talk to him."

"Oh. He left."

"Well, goodbye, Blaze. Sleep well." She laughed maniacally. When I hung up the phone, I sighed heavily. Poor Amy. I kind of feel bad for the poor girl, although she definitely had something wrong with her. Making threats, taking names, all in the name of love. Suddenly, I heard someone knock at the door. I slowly walked towards the door, removing the lock and opening it carefully.

"Hello. Who is it?" I asked.