Chapter 3: Love is a joy ride

It was Sunday. Instead of going to the Family Fun Day at our school, I just tend to go to Enchanted Kingdom with Nate. Basically I have no reason to attend that event since my parent are both busy in their respective families. Since Grade 7 to Fourth year, I never attended that program.

            At the moment, we are lining for Jungle Log Jump.

"I'm so excited!! Yipeeee!"

"Hey move already... Haha. Lookout, some people cut lines."

"Yah! You're right. Relate much."

            It’s now our turn. I sat in the front and him at the back as requested by him. The mini boat started to move. But before it move fast, the photographer took a photo of us. I said kimchi and there goes the flash. The mini boat started to move along the waves of the water. There we go. It’s going up. I increased the force of my gripping to the handle. And woosh....

"Woaaaaaaahhhhhh, we're going down!" He said.

"We are pulled by the graviiiityyyyy!"

            And the faster move of the boat goes by. It's fun. At least I feel that even though Alyana's still going away, I'm not alone. I had the FC/best friend Nate by my side. And I can say that I am happy.

            The mini boat stopped. We paid for our picture and went to a hotdog stand. We bought a hotdog and a cola. The we proceed to the end of the line for the Anchor's away ride.

"Hey! You said that your father gave you a car. How can you use it then?"

"I have Kuya Recka to drive it for me. Uhmm. He's living somewhere in Makati also. Then I'll just text him if I'm going somewhere far. I usually ride a cab. I'm used to it and don't bother him that much. He still have his family. And I want him to spend most of his time for them."

"Ooooohhh. I know now what your dream is."

I coughed. "Oh. Excuse me. My what?"

"Haha! Your dream"

"Of course you know it. I told you that I want to be an accountant. A CPA."

"No, not that one. I know that you've been dreaming for a complete family. Not that perfect but complete and happy family. Oh it’s our turn."

            I was left there speechless while reflecting to what he just said. Until I went back to my senses as he pull me cause it’s our turn.

"Ella, let's have a deal. We'll shout all our frustrations and problems the time that the ride is letting us feel intense."

I feel good about that. "Sure."

            The ride started. We've been shouting there. And people down there are staring to us because we are shouting all of our frustrations and unfortunate words.

            We also ride the disk-o-magic, extreme drop tower, bump cars and the list continues. It’s already 6 pm so we decide to buy our souvenir or remembrance. I bought a t-shirt and a star sun glasses. While he bought a T-shirt, tumbler and a stuff toy that he gave to me. He said that the color violet with a white beard old man has a new name. His new name is Natella.

"Tell this old man all you want to say especially when you have problems."

"Kamsahamnida."

"Hah?"

"I said, Thank you in Korean."

"Ahhh."

@_@

            Wahhhh! I can't sleep. I'm too happy. I had been hyperventilating and drooling on him. Why is that?

"Hey you old man." Me pointing the stuff toy. "Don't you know? Friendship is love. But it's never romantic. It’s just on caring. Wahhhhh! I'm almost a paranoid because of you."

            I don't know what to feel honestly. I know that we're friends because first of all, we can relate to each other's circumstance and were opposite. He's extrovert, I'm introvert. But somehow there's something magical and incomprehensible. Something romantic. But that's the last thing I want to feel. To love. Because the person that you will love the most is the person that is capable to hurt you the most.