Chapter 6: The sky full of stars

We first stopped in a restaurant for me to treat Ate Zyrene and Kuya Recka. But I’m in a rush so I left them. Then I took a cab.

            I arrive at his house in Muntinlupa around 7 in the evening. I paid the taxi driver and get out of the car. I’m about to press the doorbell when I found a stick on note pasted near it.

-Please proceed to the Garden – XOXO – your best buddy-

I pushed the gate when I realized that it’s open. I closed the gate and headed to the garden.

I've known you for so long, you are a friend of mine, but is this all we'd ever be?

I've loved you ever since, you are a friend of mine. And babe is this all we ever could be?

What’s this? A dinner table for two with a candle lighted in its core.

You tell me things I've never known. I show you love you've never shown. But then again, when you cry. I'm always at your side. You tell me 'bout the love you've had I listen very eagerly but deep inside you'll never see this feeling of emptiness it makes me feel sad. But then again I'm glad

Then Nate went out with his tuxedo handling a bouquet of roses. The music changed into a romantic instrumental music. He looked like the most handsome person on this planet.

He handed me the bouquet and spoke.

“Hey! Ella the Natella!”

            I was shocked. I’m still starring to him I don’t know how to react.

“Ahmm…. Ahmm. This may be a bit awkward but I’m willing to take all my chances….. Gabriella Aina Ferrer Louise, I la-like you and I’m falling for you.”

            He looked straight to my eyes.

“This day is both the ending and the beginning. The ending of standing in our safe zones. And the beginning of being brave. Being brave that whatever failure happened yesterday that made us afraid, we’ll throw that fear away. Though it’s hard. Let’s be strong and do that thing again to make it right…..So please let me enter your heart. Let me complete the fragmental spot in your life.”

            I was surprised. This is one of the portion of my speech in the graduation earlier.

“Y-you were there?’ I asked.

He then replied. “Yup, I just need to go early to prepare this confession of mine. I’m really sorry if I had to leave.”

            I can’t help it anymore. I burst into tears. I hugged him.

“Thank you, thank you so much that you’ve came into my life.”

            He put down my hands and knelt in front of me.

“Gabriella Aina Ferrer Louise, will you allow me, Nathan James Dela Cruz Salazar enter your heart and will you be my girlfriend?”

“You know what Nathan James DC Salazar? C.S. Lewis once said that “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What? You too? I thought no one but myself…..” You are the living testimony of that. Also: “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” You are the one who taught me that the lyrics in my song is to be happy and carefree…….Lastly, “Anyone can make you smile or cry, but it takes someone special to make you smile when you already have tears in your eyes….”

            I saw him smile. A smile full of happiness while little tears flow down his cheeks. Sometime I think that he’s a gay because he is so much of a cry baby. If I just didn’t love this guy in front of me. But I do. I really do,

“… and it’s you. That special person is you. Three quotations for three letters, Y-E-S and three words: I Love You. I love you very much Nathan James Dela Cruz Salazar.”

“Yessss!” He jumped out in enthusiasm, she hugged and carried me while shouting: “I’m Gabriella Aina Ferrer Louise’s boyfriend. And no one could ever change that to the infinity and beyond!”

            That night changed my sad and boring life to a happy one. That night under the sky full of stars is magical. Simply magical, no words can ever describe.