Chapter 2: I just wanna know you better now

"I'm sorry to sit in here. But this is my favorite spot in this place. It brings me too many memories that I want to rewind."

"No, its okay. I don't own it." I replied with a gentle smile.

"Haha...well then, thanks."

            Then silence came between us. He then spoke again.

"You know what, this coffee shop is where my mom usually brings me because I love chocolate cakes and chips."

"Ahhh...."

"But that's been months ago. My life has been a perfect paradise until mom and dad got annulled."

            I suddenly felt pity on him. Because I know what it feels like to have a broken family. Though financial things are not an issue, its still hard to cope up having parents which now have different families. Then suddenly this feeling urged me to talk to him.

"I'm sorry to hear that. But also same in here."

"Really? Seriously? You also?"

"Yup, when I was just 9 years old. Know they have their own families. They gave me a condo unit, a car and a yaya to take care of me. How about you?"

"They just separated 10 months from now. The reason is that my mom had an affair. Though I want to hate her, I just can't. I still love her."

"So what about your dad, what is he feeling?"

"He's still the same good and kind person. But he became workaholic."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Uhmm, none. But my mom is now pregnant."

"Haha! Life sucks."

"Yeah! Really. Anyway, can I settle for your name?"

"Oh! My manners. I'm Gabriella Aina Ferrer Louise."

"You're one of the Louise? So our fathers are partners in the business of hotels and restaurants."

"Oh you know our business, can I also know your name?"

"Haha. I'm Nathan-Nathan James DC Salazar."

"What's DC?"

"Dela Cruz?"

"Wait! So your mom's tita Elaine Dela Cruz? Is that rights?"

"Yup, how did you know her?"

"I met her when we needed a speaker for our SC values build-up seminar in our school."

"Really... Haha... I never knew that. So you're part of the student's council, what's your position?"

"President."

"Woahhh! You're a great one. You must be very sociable."

"Geeezzz, I'm not. My best friend Alyana helped me in our campaign. She the one who's very sociable and popular. On the other side people may think that I'm good at paper works. Maybe that why the voted me."

"I understand. But the position has a great responsibility with it. And I think you deserved it."

"Hihi! Well, thank you then. You know what, for a boy, you are very talkative and open. Come to think of it. I'm just a stranger, and you shared the story of your life that would have been confidential."

"Well you're not a stranger anymore. Can I just call you Ella?"

"Sure, and I'll call you Nate."

"And we'll call our friendship as Natella. Haha. Sounds like Nutella."

"Hahaha! You're so corny but still funny. Wait! Is that necessary?"

"Not that much significant. But hey! It's cute."

"D to the U to the H. It is, it is indeed cute."

And we talked there until 10 in the evening 'bout anything. Not even considering that there's a class tomorrow.