𝟐𝟕

|| Flashback || 7 years ago ....

Adonis and Andre being on the topic of love, Octavius zoned out. He stared out into his patchy yard of grass and dirt with his head tilted to rest against the paint chipped column beside him as all three of them all sat on the steps of his porch.

Love wasn't something he could give his input on because it was nothing he could say besides that he didn't like it from what he's seen from others and never wanted to feel what it's like. He was in a relationship with Londyn though. Sometimes he loved the idea of her but he didn't actually love her. He cared for her deeply, that was the most he could bring himself to do.

"If I ever fall in love ..." Octavius finally spoke, pausing to take a hit of his blunt. "Kill me" He blew the smoke from the side of his mouth as he kept his eyes stared into space, being too lazy to pull himself out of it.

"Kill you ? Boa' what the hell you talking 'bout ?" Adonis chuckled looking back at Octavius who sat a couple steps above him then adjusting his position to sit sideways and putting his back against the railing.

"That love shit so dangerous, from the shit I see and hear. Ion even wanna—" He shook his head before tapping his index finger against his blunt to knock the excess ashes onto the steps by his foot. "Nah. Niggas be boo hoo crying about that shit. I don't think I'm capable of that love shit though so I probably ain't gotta worry about it" He shrugged, leaning down to scrap the blunt against the step to put the light out.

"The day you love somebody other than yourself gon be the day Jesus come back" Andre chuckled turning his head to look at Octavius sitting beside him. "I can't see you being in love, at all"

"Yea me eitha'." Adonis added, extending one leg across the step he sat on. "If you ain't in love with Londyn, especially after what you did for her and going to jail with no regrets, all hope is lost for yo ass"

"Ain't no bitch worth falling in love with ... plus, Me ? Giving myyy all to a bitch ? That shit not even in my character. I'll rather be a hoe and just keep bitches in a rotation. That's better than being committed to one person because when one bitch go to acting up, all that crying ... you can just kick her out the rotation, add another one" He shrugged. "Then you ain't gotta worry about hiding shit and tryna keep the ungrateful bitch happy— bru' thats too much"

"Damn foo' you talking like you ain't in a relationship as we speak" Adonis said causing Andre to laugh before the other two joined.

"Damn I forgot. She been cutting up like scissors lately so I blocked her number. I'll unblock it in a couple more days when I know she ain't still being a nut. This shit don't feel like a relationship anyway. Feel like she just my baby mama now. Shit changed after that damn baby of hers was born"

"Of hersss ?" Andre put a dragging emphasis on second word. "That's yours too what the fuck"

"I'll claim it when I'm ready to be a dad" He kissed his teeth looking down between his shoes "I'm 23 years old with a damn kid, who would've thought it would be me ?"

"That's what you get for fucking raw. It was bound to happen" Adonis said.

"No bru, no. It ain't just because I fucked raw. I been fucking her raw, that bitch locked me in to where I couldn't pull out in time. Literally nigga, legs wrapped .. so I mean cool it happened ... ain't nun' to worry about cause plan b's exist and she'll take that right ?"

"Ri—"

"Wrong" He cut Adonis off, causing Adonis to be taken back with a mumbling 'oh' under his breath at the sudden interruption. "The bitch ain't take it. Then I gave her money for the abortion cause that's what we agreed on and the bitch went to go put that money down on a new car" The thought made Octavius shake his head as he rolled his eyes. "Now I'm stuck with a kid I ain't want and ... her"