𝟐𝟗

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA June 18th || next day2pm

June 18th || next day
2pm

Crashing on the couch of the airbnb he just settled into, Octavius let out a dramatic huff as he closed his eyes. That hotel room was too small for him. Considering the fact he's used to a mansion, a hotel room wasn't satisfying him. He almost felt claustrophobic, even though the room was a luxury suite and had more than enough space for one person.

"Why did you get a airbnb if you was only going to Mexico to get your supply ?" Eliana asked from the other side of the FaceTime call. Octavius chose to ignore her question because one, he hated for her to question him and has checked her about it numerous times before. Two, he didn't feel like answering and coming up with another lie. "Hellooo ? Prince I know you hear me" Eliana yelled, putting the phone closer to her mouth so her voice could be louder on his end.

He eventually zoned out and got buried in his random thoughts so he didn't hear anything Eliana was saying. But he did hear the FaceTime end sound which made him turn his head in the direction of his phone seeing the screen was free of his annoying partner.

Shrugging his shoulders, he got up from the couch to go to the kitchen where he sat his prescriptions before the host gave him a tour of the property. It was past time to take them, but he went out shopping more for clothes to wear for what he figured would be a long Los Angeles stay.

He twisted the cap off of both bottles and dumped a pill of each in his hand. He hated taking them but he knew it was necessary if he had any chance of getting Nairobi back. He swallowed them down one by one without the need of water to help him before he heard his phone ringing from where he left it. Making no effort to get to it before the ringing ended, he figured it could only be Eliana calling back, but it wasn't her. To his surprise, it was Imani, who never called his phone unless Eliana was around and she wasn't picking up her own phone.

"Yo ?" He put the phone to his ear as he made his way back into the kitchen to put the caps on his bottles with his free hand.

"What is going on with you and Eliana now ?" He could hear the annoyance in her voice which was followed by a quiet sigh.

He paused, looking at the space of air in front of him as he took a second to figure out what Imani could be talking about, but he remained confused. "Um. I don't even know what you talking 'bout. I'm chilling" He furrowed his eyebrows and resumed his attention to his bottles, sliding them aside until later need.

"She's mad at you again and came ranting to me about it. She thinks you're lying about where you are ... saying you were supposed to be in Mexico and she knows you're not there, that got a airbnb somewhere else. Prince, I love her but Im tired of her coming to me when the slightest inconvenience happens between you two. If you're going to have her acting like this leave her alone"

"I don't know what the hell she got going on"
Octavius steadily made his way upstairs to the master bedroom. "If she want to think Im not in Mexico then so be it. I told her what I'm doing, it's on her whether to trust it or not. Even if I wasn't in Mexico, what's the big deal ?"