Where it all started

It was a beautiful night, though no matter how pretty the sky looked it didn't fix Bruno's mood. He was sitting on the front porch looking down into a bundle of soft blankets rocking it gently, all of a sudden but expected he heard the door creak open and soon after foot steps, "It's time," he knew who it was and didn't look up, it was hard to hold back tears but in an attempt he closed his eyes "I know this must be hard, but it's the best thing to do. You wouldn't be able to do something like this on your own. Plus, I'm sorry to say this but, I don't think you'd be good at it even if there was someone else." He sighed, trying to ignore what Abuela had said but it was hard. He got up and finally faced Abuela, she was accompanied by Julieta, tears glistened in Bruno's eyes by the moonlight. Julieta reached out her arms, a pitying expression on her face. Bruno looked into the bundle again and kissed the baby girl that was wrapped in the blanket on the forehead before handing her over to his sister, that had been the hardest thing he had ever done he thought as he watched them walk back into the house. He was a wimp he told himself, he could have ran away with her before they had come out on the porch to collect her, but he didn't. Now she would never know he was her father, growing up in the care of Julieta and her husband. Abuela kept trying to tell him it was for the best but it still hurt, it still pained him more than anything. It was true that he didn't truly love her mother, it being an arranged marriage and such, but he loved his daughter, even though he barely knew her. he wasn't happy she died in child birth but I suppose he grew to the idea of being a dad even if it was a child with someone who was no longer there, but Abuela didn't see this a good idea and had Julieta take her instead.
Mirabel, that was the name he and his late wife had chosen when she was still alive.