the first!?

The next morning i woke up, not to Mirabel, but the smell of flowers and the sound of Abuela Alma yelling the 5 minute warning for breakfast. I sat up, rubbing off the sleep. There were yellow flowers next to me, and Mirabel's sheets were thrown off the side of her bed like usual. I got up, got changed, did my hair which wasn't very long at all, and put one flower in my hair, leaving the rest in a vase beside my bed. As i was walking down the stairs, i saw that myself and Isabella were the late ones, also Bruno, he's always late. Isabella yawned at smiled at me.

"Hola. Do you like the flowers?" Isa said, looking at the yellow flower i had put in my hair. She nodded and Bruno snuck up on us from behind.

"So, how was last night?" He said, wrapping his arms around both Isa and me. Isa looked at me, looking for an answer.

"Me?" They both nodded mischivously.

"I was just sitting out by the lake and then Camilo joins in. We were watching the sunset, thats all." I answered, shrugging my shoulders. All of a sudden, Dolores appears from no were.

"I heard..." It took me a minute, and then i remembered that she can hear everything and face palmed my head. The 4 of us laughed and made there way to breakfast. Mirabel and Camilo swapped seats today. I didn't mind, but Mirabel always got into trouble because Isa and Mira would always laugh out loud and disrupt the eating. Today, Camilo acually ate his food to my suprisememt. Pepa looked calmer that morning. Bruno and Antonio were playing with rats underneath the table, probably practicing their next show.

"What should this show be about this time?" Camilo's head perked when he heard the word 'show'.

"Did somebody say... a show?" Camilo said, posing and being dramatic and a little sarcastic. Bruno, Camilo, me, and Antonio all laughed together. I was really close friends to, most, of the Madrigals. Mainly Bruno, Mira, Camilo especially, Antonio, Isa, Dolores, and all the animals of course. In my spare time, i would hang out with them. We would always play with the animals, dress them up, play cops and robers, play hide and seek, play truth or dare, or tell stories. Then Camilo would walk in when they start to tell stories, once, he had walked in behind me and started acting out the characters that I was telling about, Antonio always gave it away when he laughed and pointed at Camilo behind me.

"So, the kids coming again?" I asked Camilo. He nodded his head.

"Can I come with you? Please big brother!!! Please!!!!" Antonio begged and begged. Me and Camilo laughed at the little guy.

"All right, all right, let's go." I, this time, led the way. We went out the doors and waited in the village. Antonio brought George and Tilly. It wasn't a long time before the little handful of kids jumped on top of Camilo. They all laughed for a moment, then i helped Camilo up and together, we were heading towards the lake with the small herd of kids, including Antonio.

Once we got there, i got in my usual spot, but this time watched Camilo shapeshifting into diffrent things and making the kids laugh. I giggled a little when he started acting like me. He glanced up, blushed a little, then looked back down, his face was still red but he pretended not to notice that i had joined the small crowd.

Antonio took Camilos place, allowing the free time to go and get a breath. Antonio was playing with everyone, showing them George and Tilly, rabbits started to come to the area. A small grey and orange coated bunny hoped over to me, her ears were flopped over. Camilo scooped it up in his hands, sat down next to me, and handed me the curious and friendly rabbit. I sat criss crossed and started to stroke it gently, it liked being pet on the head.

"Looks like you've met a new friend. What's it's name?" Camilo asked. Antonio looked up.

"Her name is Golpeador. Or, Thumper." Antonio said. I giggled and Camilo reached over and streaked thumper as well. It was all so peaceful, until Camilo just had to say something.

"Hey Xye.." Camilo said, breaking the silence between us.

"Si?" I said. Camilo looked down at Antonio who winked encouragingly, i was utterly confused.

"Remeber how I told you that I had a secret..? Well um.." i cut him off.

"I got one too... wanna play a game? It's called secret trading." I smiled at Camilo.

"Oh um sure... how do you-" He opens his mouth and said 'ohh' and she almost burst out into laughter. I could practically see the light bulb forming over his head, so i made it happen with my gift.

"What?" He looked up and realized i made a light bulb as a joke. He laughed and then i took it down, the orbs fell onto his curly hair then dissolving into nothing as it usually did.

"Ok, you go first." I said. Camilo blushed. I didn't expect him to be so shy about one little secret. Then i remembered my secret and blushed as well.

"So, you know... I-i like someone in town..." Camilo said. Worry grew in my heart. Did he like someone else? After all, it was Isa who gave me the yellow flowers. Camilo hasn't given me anything. He must like someone else.

"Really who?" I said, faking a smile.

"Tell me your secret first, then I will tell..," Camilo said nervously. Why was he so nervous?

"I like someone as well..." i said, looking out onto the water. Camilo looked just as worried as i felt.

"Oh. Well... I guess you don't care who I like then..." Camilo said, he looked very sad.

"You can still tell me. We are friends afterall. And do you know were Isa is? I forgot to tell her thanks for the flowers this morning." I was shocked when Camilo bursts out laughing.

"You seriously thought those were from her!?" He said, he sounded out of breath. I smiled and gave him the 'what the' face. He grunts.

"I asked Isa to give those to you..." one of the kids was so loud that i didn't hear what Camilo said last, so i just smiled and thanked him.

"Anyway.. I guess I'll tell you... think about that word again." I looked at him confused. He slapped his forehead with his palm.

"My goodness! You are so hard! It's you!" He said, laughing and blushing while looking at me, half closing his eyes. I was shocked.

"That's weird, I was going to say the same..." i looked at Camilo who had stopped laughing immediently. I didn't know what to do so i was on glad that the kids started bugging me and Camilo to take them to his room to watch a show. Camilo nods and i find everyone looking at me. I rolled my eyes and took them back to the Casita on the cloud. Thumper was riding on my shoulder. Camilo did the same little twirl with me and i sat in the front row this time since it was a smaller group of kids. Camilo's mouth crept into a smile and he glared at me.

"Like Shakespear?" Camilo asked me.

"Si!" Camilo held out his hand, i grabbed it and together we played out Romio and Juliet. Camilo all of a sudden got really into the moment. I assumed that he had read it just as much as i did, to the point that we both knew every word by heart and could act out every sinario.

"You're good." Camilo said quietly while passing me because they were at the one part were they dance. I giggled.

"Juliet!" They act out the sence when Juliet was in her tower. Camilo finishes his line, i rushed down. Camilo ends the sence's skit lines by saying the words. Now, in order to complete the whole 'book' they had to... kiss... i got butterflies all over as Camilo dipped me down and leaned in. The kids were leaning in to get a better look, kids on top of kids, piles of them, cuddled, wrapping eachother in exitment. Camilo looked down at my lips and back at me.

"Ready?" Camilo said under his breath, giving me a happy smirk. I nodded. All the kids went whaling, they all said 'ew!' Only the crazy ones that were always playing with the grasses said 'awe!' Camilo stopped, let me stand, and we both bowed. The lights went out and he lead me back stage.

"Sorry.." He said, fixing my hair and putting back in my yellow flower. His freckled face turning pink ish.

"Its fine. I acually enjoyed it." i blushed as Camilo took me by the hands and after that, we took the kids back. Their parents waiting at the door. Camilo winked at them and mouthed the words, 'don't tell till you're home!' I giggled at him. He looked at me and blushed, again. I fell asleep, and didn't have a dream, i was glad of it too.