Talent

Talon Pov

Missions against Penny are always fun until I get home and have to deal with Uncle Claw's temper tantrum.

After today's mission, I went straight to the kitchen and started snacking on the tostilocos I made this morning.
Every so often I remember that day I saw Penny talking to that boy, Player, on her codex. Normally I'm just curious about who is he is but today I feel a burning in my chest as I think about him - then again it could just be the tostilocos.

"TALON!" Uncle Claw yells as he enters the kitchen. "What are you doing?!'
"Eating."

"Eating what?"

"Tostilocos," I say my Spanish accent summons itself as I say the non-English word. "Why? D'ya want some?"

"You know I can't take that spicy stuff," Uncle Claw growls

That's why I make it.

"I need you to wake up dark and late tomorrow," he says.

I'm not going to ask.

"What's tomorrow?"

"Supervillain talent show."

"I'm out," I say backing away straight away. "I'm sorta busy tomorrow, Uncle Claw, I've got a... a... a training session yeah. I need to keep fit to fight Penny...uh I mean Gadget."

"That can wait," Uncle Claw says. "I need you to enter the talent show and show the whole criminal underworld exactly who MAD is!"

I doubt all the real supervillains, the mafia type ones are going to attend. Unless... 

"Alright, Uncle Claw... I'll go to your stupid talent show."

Taking the tostilocos with me I run to my bedroom and log onto my laptop, searching the dark web for the details on the "talent show", I find the site on the so-called dark web and start decrypting it and finally find myself in the real dark web. It's not a talent show at all, it's a conference for the villains smart enough to decrypt the site and my idiot Uncle really thought that a bunch of villains would be doing tricks and playing the piano. This'll be too big for Penny and Gadget to handle by themselves if Quimby gets wind of this.

Will he still send them? 

Thinking about not seeing Penny on a mission makes my chest hurt a bit but I'm going to continue blaming the tostilocos.

Next morning

Penny pov

"A supervillain what?!" I exclaim as Quimby tells me about today's ridiculous mission.

"It seems that MAD has entered a supervillain talent show," Quimby exclaims. "This'll be a perfect chance to catch all the supervillains at the same time."

"A talent show?!" Uncle Gadget exclaims. "Oh I can't wait, I'll have to brush up on my violin playing."

I'm not going to ask.

I don't need to anyway because Kayla enters the hall and says "You play the violin?"

"Of course," Uncle Gadget exclaims grinning. "Go go gadget violin."

Uncle Gadget's hat opens and the robotic hands stretch out with a violin and bow in tow and they start scratching the bow against the strings of the violin making an awful racket. "Did you have to ask?" I say to Kayla as I  block my ears and Brain howls in pain.

In the evening, whilst scrolling online I notice that Player is also online. I log onto our chat and give him a call, "Hey Player."

"Hey Pen," he says. "What's the problem?"