1. Troubleshootin

Aaliyah
April 10th 1998
Los Angeles, California
11:58 Am

I was in the studio with static and Tim finishing up a couple of songs for my third album including a couple of demos that were sent to me by different songwriters some of the songs were good I'm not gonna lie but my uncle Barry was probably going...

I was in the studio with static and Tim finishing up a couple of songs for my third album including a couple of demos that were sent to me by different songwriters some of the songs were good I'm not gonna lie but my uncle Barry was probably going to tell me like he always does that most of the songs I like can't make the final cut on my album but there is one specific song that I want on this album that intentionally wanted on my second album which was supposed to be the original title for my sophomore album " I Care 4 U" this song means a lot to me since I couldn't put it on One in a million like I wanted to I've decided to put it on this song hopefully, my uncle Barry will agree with me on this one since he said I quote on quote did too many songs for one in a million. But there's one demo that I can't deny that I adore and it's called "Committed" the song is about a girl who wants a real relationship the guy hasn't done his part of the relationship but she has but this is just a demo to see if I like it I might convince uncle Barry and my cousin jomo can I hold onto it for my fourth album in the future. This year was gonna be a journey for me because I had been busy collaborating with other artists like Playa, Missy, and a new group who just got signed to Blackground who call themselves "The Outsiderz 4 Life in which I just did a song with them called "Ain't Never" which will be there upcoming single sometime this month but I honestly I'm already tired I been working my ass off since I was 13 I just really want a vacation or something but the hard work can be fun times but it can be exhausting and excruciating at times but I have to remember I'm an artist and I have a job but not only that I have millions of fans around the world who give their all and truly support me through thick and thin which I appreciate them for supporting me because without them I'd be nothing no Aaliyah, no L.I.Y.A.H, etc they've been there since the start of my career and I have to give them my all. While static and I was listening and putting the final touches on the racks to see if I wanted to go back and add adlibs but I decided it sounded just the way it was then the sound of my 2-way pager went off I grabbed it from my pocket glancing at it, Yo Liyah call me when you can-Lisa  I giggled hopping out of the chair leaving the studio where the was no interruptions I went outside where the bright sunlight was kissing my skin I pulled out my cellphone from my back pocket dialing Lisa's phone number the phone began ringing "Hello" Lisa answered in an agitated voice.

What's up with you? I asked her

Girl, I'm pissed off LA said he promised that I'd do my solo album before we'd do another TLC album and now he's saying I'm gonna have to push it back now I'm so pissed Aaliyah I don't what to do I honestly just wanna leave Laface and all of this bullshit she said as the pain and anger grew in her voice.

"Well, do the TLC album then that way once y'all are done with the tour and everything you can release the album maybe you could try to tease some of the songs on the album on the tour" I exclaimed. "Nah I don't think the record label would approve of that" she implied.