3. The Troubled Trio

Aaliyah
June 21, 1998
Los Angeles, California
Arista Records Studio

I was at Arista Records with Lisa she begged me to come with her so she and the girls could settle down with their producer Dallas Austin

I was at Arista Records with Lisa she begged me to come with her so she and the girls could settle down with their producer Dallas Austin.. chilli and tionne were not expecting to see me but they did "Hey Aaliyah Babygirl! chilli said with open arms as I went to hug her " Nice to see you again Tionne shouted out as I went to hug her as well. "Aww this melts my heart I missed you guys so much I exclaimed. We all walked into the studio Dallas was putting the finishing touches on a track called " U in Me" which I knew probably wasn't gonna make the final cut for their album due to the title and how the song went from me hearing a snippet of it. "Whatever that song that is I like it I said sitting down along with the girls. Thanks, I wrote it! It was supposed to be for CrazySexyCool but it didn't make the cut T-Boz explained. "Hold on y'all I got an important phone call" Lisa chimed as she stepped outta the room. "So Aaliyah has Lisa been talking about us lately? T-Boz questioned with one eyebrow raised. I could feel my stomach swirl and the palm of my hands starting to sweat "oh no not at all she loves y'all dearly I said. Chilli stared me down with a death stare " You're not lying to us are you?! She said frowning getting a bit closer to me. Come on Aaliyah tell the truth T-Boz said with arms folded "ok y'all look Lisa is upset because she has to do this album " I knew it! Chilli shouted. "But hear me out I did tell her to put her solo album on hold and promote this album with y'all and once you guys are done with the tour and everything else she can pop out and do her solo thing simple as that I said politely smiling. "Well, you should've said that from the jump Lili" T-Boz insinuated putting her hand on my shoulder. "Well, the way you guys were looking at me and giving me the death stare like y'all wanted to cut my throat or some shit I giggled. Nah we were just messing with you Chilli said as she wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me. "We love you Babygirl she said. I Love y'all too I said in unison my pager began ringing it was Lloyd "Hey Babygirl wanna hang out later?..just me and you it read. I smile and replied yes closing my pager and placing it back in my front pocket. "Girl who is paging you?!"Chilli asked. "Oh, my new friend Lloyd I said smiling. "Yeah her new nigga Lisa said walking in. Tionne gave me a funny look "Girl, you better be careful he's a .. stone cold gentleman!" she started singing. "Girl you crazy I said laughing. I'm serious Aaliyah Lloyd is crazy that man was in jail at one point for committing some foul ass crimes from what I've heard through the grapevine from Dalvin's ass she explained. "Well, I'm pretty sure that man has moved on from that he seems to be in a good position from what he's told me "What he told?! Girl what hell did he tell you?! T-Boz looked at me with her hands on her hips. "Well for your information I asked him what does and he kind to me that he's a music producer and that he produced Tisha Campbell's song push and he said he's been working with other artists I explained. "Yeah, some artists that don't even exist except for in that tiny little ass mind of his" she scoffed rolling her eyes. "T-Boz! I shouted hitting her arm. "What?!.. I'm just saying girl he could be lying to you for all you know". "No he was completely honest about it Ti it's not that bad I scoffed. "Well for your sake be careful ain't no telling what he could do to you she warned. I'll be fine I said. Yeah y'all back up off my girl Lisa said standing next to me. "Oh so you're her bodyguard now Kevin Costner?! T-boz scoffed. No big bird now run along with Elmo standing right beside yo ass Lisa retorted at T-boz. Bitch! Who you calling Elmo?! Oscar the grouch! Chilli yelled. Awww shit i better go I said getting up from my seat I didn't even bother telling anyone goodbye when I left the room they were continuously arguing. Lloyd and I met up at pinks a restaurant located downtown of L.A "So Aaliyah how was your little session with Lisa and the girls he asked. Well I left in the midst of them arguing Lisa paged me a few minutes ago saying that she wanted me to lay down some vocals with them on previous track they've been working on I said taking a sip of my water. Man they always arguing and shit Lloyd scoffed. Yeah that's true but they get along so well I added. Before Lloyd could get a sentence out my phone started ringing..it was my brother rashad "Hello I answered. Aaliyah you won't believe who's here in LA! Who? I questioned. Your dear friend Freddy Watts he exclaimed. Oh my god I gotta go see him it's been so long then I heard struggling through the phone "What up Babygirl it's me Freddy how ya living he asked. I'm doing good how are you? What are you even doing here in LA I asked ? Oh just taking care of some business ya know nothing usually he explained. Then my phone began beeping I glanced at me looking to only see that I had one bar of battery life "shit! I shouted. "Hey Freddy you mind coming by Arista Tomorrow I'm gonna be there with some friends of mind if that's ok with you I informed him. Sure ! He said. Okay I'll see ya then bye I said hanging up. I sighed putting my phone in my pocket as Lloyd just stared at me laughing "What was that all about? he asked. An crazy old friend of mine from elementary through high school wants to see me I said looking down at the table. "And you acting like it's a bad thing he said. It's more to it Lloyd, it's just that I love Freddy with all my heart but sometimes he gets on my nerves and he lowkey has the tendency to flirt with me and on top of that he's a jokester. Ok he likes to pop jokes maybe he wants to be a comedian Lloyd added. Yeah he does but it's just that.. his jokes are dry like I wanna tell him so bad but I don't wanna hurt his feelings you know I sighed putting my hands on my forehead leaning back in the chair. Aye you not gonna hurt his feelings aight trust me Lloyd said as his hand met mine as I stared into his beautiful honey hazel eyes. Yeah you're right but I've known him my whole life and I know when his feelings are hurt and trust me Lloyd they can hurt quick I said snapping my fingers. Well sometimes you gotta do what you do he said. Yeah that's understandable I agreed. The day was about to be over Lloyd walked me back to my car " I had a really good time I enjoyed the food". Yeah me too he said smiling looking me up and down and before I knew it he picked me up and our lips met for the first time I could feel his tongue touch the back of my throat as he squeezed my butt we made out for a few more minutes " I have to go I'll call you tomorrow ok ? He said. Aight I said smiling squeezing the cheeks of his face then I got in my car looking through the rear view mirror watching him speed off into the night. So I guess it's official that we are a couple now ...

Hey y'all don't forget to vote and comment ❤️😊