A Love Song

The next days was the two becoming closer as Yeji kept going to the cafe. Ryujin also became close with Yeji's friends since they go with her sometimes.

It was a fine afternoon and Yeji is just enjoying a cup of coffee while waiting for Ryujin to finish her shift. For the first time in her life, she declined a party invitation.

"Let's go?" Ryujin told her after she finished changing.

For weeks they've been spending time together, just walking side by side, talking about stuff they like. Yeji was more fascinated knowing more things about the girl she likes. While Ryujin still doesn't realize she's been smiling a lot these days, with just Yeji on her mind.

"My cousin wants to meet you," Ryujin spoke.

Yeji's eyes widened a bit shocked from what she heard. Her mind is going crazy. She's meeting a family member of Ryu, a big step in every relationship.

"You can come over if you like," Ryujin shyly said.

"Like tonight?" Yeji asked her. Ryujin nodded.

Yeji's mind has gone crazier thinking of all the things that might happen later. She's feeling pressured. But dirty thoughts won't escape her mind making her panic more.

"Hey? It's okay if you can't tonight, there's always next time," Ryujin reassured her after she noticed Yeji being quiet.

"No, I'll go," Yeji replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Mmhm,"

Yeji was happy after knowing Ryujin's place was near hers. She thought she could go visit her more or the other way around. She just watched Ryujin rang the doorbell and waited for the door to open. She was immediately captivated by Karina's beauty the moment she saw her.

"Omg! Yeji!!" Karina excitedly ran to her as if they're long lost bestfriends.

Yeji didn't know what to feel. Excitement, Shyness.

The two exchanged their introductions as they all went inside the house. The house wasn't big nor small, just good enough for two people. Yeji felt closer to Ryujin just by looking around at their house.

Ryujin went down the stairs and found the two casually talking. She went to the kitchen to prepare for dinner. A special one.

Yeji is the first person she brought in this house.

Karina was busy showing Yeji some of Ryujin's old pictures. She's sleeping in most of them. Karina was already comfortable with Yeji and she'd never want anything else than her cousin's happiness.

-

"Ya! Shin Ryujin! This curry is so good!!" Karina exclaimed making Yeji laugh. While Ryujin just rolled her eyes at her.

"It is," Yeji commented.

Ryujin stared at her and spoke, "You mean it?" she asked her while smirking.

Her smirk turned to a wide grin after Yeji nodded. She then turned to Karina who's purposely making noises to stop their intense eye contact.

"Ahem,"

"The food is waiting,"

Ryujin gave her a deadly glare.

--

They finished eating dinner and the two ladies are on their way to Ryujin's room. Karina was left to wash the dishes as she kept teasing the two.

They entered the room quietly. The awkward atmosphere isn't going away as they're still affected by Karina's words. Yes, they're blushing.

"Uhm, you can sit on the bed," Ryujin finally talked after minutes of silence.

Yeji just followed what she said. Ryujin then went outside and went back carrying her guitar. She sat on the floor with a huge smile on her face causing Yeji to do the same.

Smiles were turned to giggles.

"Do you know how to play the guitar?" Ryujin asked.

"Nope," Yeji answered.

"Hmmm...Any requests?"

Now that they're more comfortable with each other, Ryujin was fine with showing Yeji lots of things about her including her hobbies.

"Sing me a love song," Yeji told her, smiling.

Ryujin shook her head acting that it's a hard task for her. She then strummed the guitar just a few seconds after.

Photograph by Ed Sheeran

Yeji was just smiling the whole time listening to Ryujin sing. She fell harder. Her eyes, her smile, and her voice. The way she talks, the way she takes care of her, the way she remembers small details about her. A part of her wants to cry, she can't seem to comprehend how she feels about Shin Ryujin. A girl she just saved one time.

"Oh, you can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen

Next to your heartbeat where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul"

Thinking back, she realized that they still don't have a single picture together. So this time she made sure she'd capture every moment they share together.

"And if you hurt me
Well, that's okay, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages, you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go"

Ryujin looked at Yeji, smiling. Adoration is seen in her eyes.

"When I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me..."

Ryujin never knew she'd love another woman again no matter how hard she stopped herself from falling.

"Under the lamppost back on Sixth street
Hearing you whisper through the phone..."

"Wait for me to come home"

They were lost in each other's eyes after Ryujin finished playing. Their faces went closer and closer unconsciously. They were about to kiss but then there were knocks on the door.

"Come in," Ryujin spoke as she let out a sigh.

"Oops sorry for disturbing you guys, but Ryu where did you put the nail cutter?"

Ryujin facepalms on her mind and wanted to hit Karina as hard as she can.

"It's on the side of the TV," she just answered. Karina chuckled shyly as she went to close the door.

'I'm gonna kill her...'

Ryujin sat down beside Yeji and put down the guitar. They're both quiet again.

Yeji looked around and found a notebook on the side of the bed. She opened it and found poems, and songs written by Ryujin.

"Oh that's--"

"Woah," Yeji was in awe reading everything Ryujin wrote in there.

"Oh my gosh, don't you know I'm a poet?" Ryujin jokingly said as they both chuckled.

She's joking around more. A thing she haven't done in a long time. She's continuously going back to her old self, all because of Hwang Yeji.

--author--

I'll ask this again, how's the story going? :))