Chapter 8

Lena POV

I ran over to Thena and Gilgamesh fighting a deviant, the deviant was winning. Thena was going in and out of Mahd Wy'ry. Gilgamesh waved me over to help Thena, but when I looked back over the deviant had taken Gilgamesh's powers. I watched him slowly die in Thena's arms. I felt an overwhelming amount of power, I screamed letting it all out. I transformed into a dark phoenix, letting the Fire consume me. I blasted the deviant away and he retreated to the forest.

I slowly calmed down sitting on the ground, and the flames around me died down. I turned around to see everyone staring at me.

"Well, that's new," Kingo said, pointing at me. I looked at Thena who was holding on to Gilgamesh.

"I'm sorry," I said before running into the woods. When HYDRA made me they said I would become powerful and... I was cut off by my phone ringing, it was the DNA results. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, yes, is this Lena." The person on the other side asked.

"Yes, it is, how can I help you?" I asked.

"Yes, we found out who your sister is along with your biological last name. Would you like to know about it?" They asked as if I may not want to hear it.

"Yes, yes please, anything you have found out," I said desperately.

"Your sister is...... Wanda Maximoff, an Avenger. Making your last name-" He said hesitantly.

"Maximoff."I breathed out, I have a sister and she is an Avenger.

"Yes, your Full name is Lena Zofia Maximoff, your brother passed away a few years ago. I hope this helps." He said. I nodded into the phone before saying a brief thanks. I am a Maximoff, wow.

"Lena you ok?" Sprite said coming up behind me.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said on the verge of tears. She came over and hugged me, I breathed in her scent, wrapping my hands around her waist.

"I found out where I came from," I said into her neck.

"Mhm.. where is that, love?" She cooed into my ear, her breath sent shivers down my spine.

"Sokovia and I have a sister," I said quietly. I felt her nod so I continued. "She's also an Avenger," I said sheepishly. Sprite pulled away from me.

"She what?" She asked with a shocked look on her face.

"You heard me Wanda Maximoff," I said looking at the ground.

"That makes so much sense." She rolled her eyes as I playfully pushed her. "So wanna tell me what happened back there you did turn into a flaming bird," she said sarcastically.

"Dark Phoenix, what I was made to be, most only thought it was a conspiracy theory but HYDRA made it real," I admitted. I looked to see her reaction. She smiled.

"No you're not a monster and come on we have to get to Gilgamesh's ceremony." She said knowing I was afraid she wouldn't want me anymore.

"Hey, I thought Druig was the mind reader!" I said as she put her arm around my waist and walked to the Beach. I got the fire started and Kuran said a blessing. I stayed in the rest of the evening processing that I have a sister and that I am Lena Maximoff.

"Hello, hot stuff." I woke up to Sprite's face directly in front of mine. I rolled my eyes and moved over so I was away from her. I felt a presence looming above me as Sprite jumped on me, fully waking me up.

"Ok, ok, I'm up no need to suffocate me," I said pushing her off me. When she wouldn't move I smirked and hooked her leg and rolled us both off onto the floor, so I was on top of her. I stared down at her and smirked.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." She said, noticing my stare at her. I rolled off of her and helped her up.

"Why did you wake me up? I was having a wonderful dream about a certain redhead." I said moving around the room to the door. A light shade of crimson dusted her cheeks before she walked past me and kissed my cheek before running off to the others. I lightly touched my face.

"Sprite!" I yelled out sprinting towards her. She moved to act like she was there the whole time.

"Now that Sleeping Beauty has awoken, let's go," Druig said as I stepped near them.

"At least it works for one of us. How much sleep did you get?" I asked, annoyed. I saw them trying to hold back laughs, Druig smirked and tried to size me up. I flashed my eyes and felt him poking into my head. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Not gonna work buddy, she's the baby sister of Wanda Maximoff," Sprite said, standing behind me and wrapping her arms around my shoulders. Everyone looked at each other in shock. I smirked and leaned my head back to look at Sprite.

"Gdzie następna miłość?" (Where to next love?) I asked Sprite.

"Which language is that?" She hummed.

"Polish, where to next?" I asked again towards the whole group.

"Phastos," Sersi said. My face lit up, I met Phastos after I was in America for the first time, his son is a sweetheart. They took notice of my mood change.

"You know him?" Ikaris asked.

"Yeah, I met his family once. He helped me out, now it makes sense why he knows a lot." I said putting it together. He seemed upset that they were experimenting on children. I get it I mean there is always a chance that your kid could be next.

"Ikaris and I are going to see him. Would you want to come?" Sersi asked me. I looked back at Sprite

"Fine, I'll come too." She gave in, I smiled and turned around for a quick second and pecked her lips before realizing what I was doing. I turned back around and faced the group with a shocked Sprite behind me. I started walking away to the plane. When we all got on the plane I sat in the back looking out the window.

"You're different, how come?" Druig asked taking a seat in front of me.

"Humans made me this way, HYDRA took me when I was 4. They turned me into their weapon, never telling me about my family." I said he nodded and started to get up but I stopped him. "You know you're right, humanity will be to blame for their extinction," I said never looking back at him.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, still trying to get into my head, I refused to let him in.

"You can stop trying to get in my head, it's not going to work." I felt him stop. "It's a side effect of turning into the dark phoenix, I accumulate more powers," I said.

"You are a very special creature, beautiful Lena." He said, kissing my hand. I yanked my hand back and punched his nose. I went to walk away as I was passing the chairs. I felt something pull me into them.

"What did Druig want, darling?" Sprite's voice echoed in my ear. Her pet name sent chills down my spine and made my face flush. "You're blushing." she cooed, turning me around.

"That's your fault and Druig wanted to know my back story," I said, noticing the position we were in. I sat straddling her in her lap.

"Like the view?" Sprite asked, laughing. I looked away and blushed, I went to move but she pulled me back.

"What?" I asked, looking from her eyes to her lips.

"Oh shut up." she crashed her lips into mine. Everything else stopped and time changed. All that mattered was her, our lips moved in sync. I pulled away.

"Be my girlfriend?" I asked, pulling away to catch my breath. Sprite pulled me by my neck to give me another kiss which I immediately responded with kissing back.

"If you didn't get it, yes." She said smiling, giving me one more peck. I moved off her to sit next to her before we got caught.

"Don't want to get caught, love," I said tapping her nose. She frowned but stopped as I pulled her into me.

"Come on, we both need sleep," I said, running my fingers through her hair. I heard her humming a Babylonian lullaby.

We got off and went off to see Phastos. I sat in the car with Sprite, Ikaris, and Sersi.