Chapter 6

Chapter 6

As soon as I made contact with her skin, I blinked and ended up in a completely different place for the fourth time today. Somehow this time felt like the last. The final destination. I stood at the top of a skyscraper, surrounded by an empty city. The sun was just beginning to rise, casting a faint red glow over the landscape. It was a spectacular sight and I wondered how Olivia's mind could paint such incredible pictures if she had never experienced the outside world before. Maybe it had something to do with her connection to Heejin.

"I always knew you were different." I heard Olivia Hye's voice behind me. This time it didn't scare me because her tone was gentle. I turned around to see her walking up a set of stairs, emerging from a dense fog. When she reached the rooftop, she slowly stepped towards me, her hair blowing back in the breeze. Surprisingly, her face was clear, free of tears. Her eyes were no longer puffy and her voice was stable.

My eyebrows furrowed after finally processing what she said. "What do you mean by that?" I kept my eyes trained on her face and watched her expression. It felt like walking on thin ice when I talked to her here. For all I knew this was really the dark side of her and she was the one deceiving me. After all, she was distraught and angry mere seconds ago. But something in the way she looked at me told me this was the real Olivia Hye.

While thinking of how to explain herself, she cracked a sideways smile and looked at the ground. "I mean, obviously I knew you were different because you just showed up here out of nowhere, but that's not what I'm trying to say." She stopped talking for a second and I noticed her hands tugging on the hem of her white shirt. It reminded me of the first time we met: she was so nervous and awkward, not knowing what to say.

After a few seconds passed, she looked back up, this time her eyes trained on the sunrise behind me. "No one ever really understood me. Not the other girls I grew up with and definitely not that strange old lady." She rolled her eyes at the thought and I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at her clear dislike for the creator. "And maybe it's because I didn't appear to be... I don't know, broken?" Her voice sounded unsure but I nodded my head, showing her that I understood what she meant.

"But, somehow, you immediately knew what I was going through." She made eye contact with me again, a confused look on her face. "And even now, you knew exactly what to say to calm me down." Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked back down. I could practically see the gears turning in her brain as her eyes searched the ground. "How could you possibly understand?"

I let out a breath and took a step towards her. This caused her eyes to focus back onto mine as she waited for my response. "We're more alike than you realize, Olivia." This statement only seemed to confuse her more, so I continued, "There's not much that I can tell you now, but once this is over, I will explain everything to you." My eyes held guilt, showing her that I really did hate hurting her like this. "No more lies. No more hiding things."

I took another step and reached down to grab her hand. "All you have to do is take the final step." My other hand reached into my pocket and grabbed the only thing I brought here with me. "If you want to know the truth," I placed the item in her hand, "this is the only way." Finally, after clasping her hands around it, I closed my eyes and pictured a place in my mind.

When I opened my eyes again, we were no longer standing on top of a skyscraper. Just like a month ago, I heard birds chirping and leaves rustling around me. The fresh air and warm sunlight enveloped my senses. Olivia Hye stood in front of me with her white and green schoolgirl outfit on. Her hands were still clasped around the object I gave her as she looked at her surroundings. For the second time today, her face washed over with realization.

The Garden of Eden

The Garden of Eden.

I watched as she looked down and opened her palms to reveal a dark red blood plum. Now was finally the moment I had been waiting for. The very climax of my mission. This moment determined the future of the Loonaverse. Whether it was doomed to repeat on an endless time loop or was destined to be saved and it's knowledge shared with the rest of the world. All she had to do was take a bite from the blood plum: partake of the Forbidden Fruit.

She looked at me skeptically, her eyes bouncing back and forth between me and the fruit. After all her time here in Eden being told not to eat the fruit, here comes a stranger telling her to do exactly that. A stranger who has done nothing but deceive her this entire time. It seemed ridiculous and I knew she was thinking that too. But I also knew that I cared for her, and I hoped to any higher power that she would realize that.

"I know this seems like I'm going against everything I just told you... but you have to trust me." I stared deep into her eyes, doing everything in my power to show that this wasn't another trick. "If there was any other option, I never would've forced you make this decision. Because I know how much this hurts you." I let out a sigh and frowned. "But this is the only way." Her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

At this point I could practically see the devil and angel debating in her mind. She was literally and figuratively torn down the middle. But I knew she had the power to harness both sides. The light and the dark. I knew she was strong enough to control both and use them to make the hard decision. Although this would be committing a sin, in the long run she would be doing more good than bad. She would be helping the entire world. All Loonas around the world would be free of oppression and finally see the truth.

No more lies and deceptions.

No more endless time loop.

No more darkness.

I wanted to explain all these things to her. I wanted to tell her that this seemingly bad choice was really for a good cause. But I couldn't. So, I stepped forward and put my hand over hers. She looked up at me, surprised by my sudden movements. My other hand grabbed her chin to make sure she was paying attention to what I said next, "I would never do anything to hurt you, and if my words still don't convince you to trust me, then let this..."

She watched in confusion while I moved her clasped hands out of the way so I could stand mere centimeters away from her. Then, I did the only thing I could think of. The only thing that felt right. The only thing that could show her how important she was to the world. How important she was to me.

I kissed her.

As she slowly gave in and kissed me back, an indescribable feeling of warmth radiated from her. In that moment, I felt her mind made up and her heart finally change. She might not have learned to completely love the dark part of herself yet, but that didn't matter... because I did. I loved every single part of her, even the imperfections. So, to her, that made it worth the effort. It would still take time for her to accept herself, but she was finally willing to try.

And the first step started now:

"I trust you."

The End

The End.

- Please let me know what you guys thought of the ending :) I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to end it but hopefully it doesn't feel too rushed and you guys are satisfied ❤️