Peculiar Taste

This one-shot is dedicated to all Abriel's fans (kung meron man LOL!) at sa mga wonderers, Marites, and more about Abriel's . . . confusion, per se.

Happy 💟's!

- Bun

P.S. Eh sa feeling emo ako kaya ayan ang kanta. Sorna ✌️

------------------------------x

This took place after the real Mielle came back.

Did she change?

No. I think.. I think she's the same.

But why.. why does it feel like something had changed?

And why am I bothered by it?

"Abriel, are you busy right now?"

The voice of the youngest Salguero brought me out of my deep-thinking zone. I have accepted my defeat. Doctor Rhyn Carlisle was right.

Jace Salguero is indeed the Head Figure, Gilbert Salguero's, youngest son. And now, I'm assisting him in running the company bit by bit. The 'rightful' heiress (due to the promise the Head Figure had with his late wife) is still young . . . and not accepted by the Head Figure (since he really hate the fact that she was the daughter of his prodigal son).

"No." My long hair swayed as I shook my head. "Anong maipaglilingkod ko, Mr. Salguero?"

He winced. "Don't be so formal, Abriel. I've been telling you that." He sighed. "Pupuntahan ko sana si baby -- I mean, Mielle, para maplano ang supresa ko para kay Hon, kaso may meeting pa ako eh."

Umupo ako ng derecho. "So you want me to meet up with her in your place?"

"Ganun na nga. Kaso, kung busy ka -- as I know how Gra -- I mean," he shook his head, "D-Dad is, baka may inutos na sa'yo ba."

Tumayo na ako matapos i-turn off ang desktop. "Hindi ako busy, kaya okay lang."

Mas madali kong mamamanmanan ang babaeng gumugulo sa aking isipan, kaysa sa palihim ko siyang sinusundan.

"Sweet! Thank you!"

"Of course," I nodded curtly. "Saan ang meeting place? Alam ba niya na ako ang makikipag-meet up sa kanya at hindi ikaw?"

Mr. Salguero is already on his phone. "She knows now." Tinaas niya ito. "I just sent her a text."

~➳~

Dinalaw ko siya ng dalawang beses noong nasa hospital siya, recovering from that bastard's gunshot, who is -- together with his sister -- will be rotting behind the bars. At sa dalawang beses na 'yun nagsimula 'yung.. Well, I couldn't tell what but I felt like.. something was off.

Her face is still the same, though. So as her voice.. and her smile.

She was even shocked, like the first time she saw me, when I paid her a visit at the hospital -- which was understandable. Then, also like the first time, she composed herself almost immediately.

The second time I visited her, she was more at ease of my presence. Welcoming with open arms.

Maybe because of that? Because of the change into our close-to-non-existent relationship? Maybe because we became almost friends?