pt 2

she was alone. so she searched for a boy. the boy told her he loved her enough for her to fall in love. he facetimed her every night and talked to her. she told her friends he was good for her. he made her happy. then something changed. he became cold. their calls became silent. when they were together, he paid no attention to her. when she told him how she felt, he got angry. her clothes covered her body more as she went to school. the bruises on her arms grew. he threatened her. "you're the only thing i have left. i cant lost you" he said. so she stayed, even with the growing and darkening bruises, and the trauma she had to endure when she was alone with him. she was no longer happy. and she was again, alone.

she left.

she was hurt and confused, so she found another companion. he didn't hurt her. he loved her. even through the scars and fading bruises. he knew she wasn't weak, but she needed saving. so he saved her. after a while, when she no longer needed saving, he grew distant.

she left.

she was alone. but she found comfort in a strangers arms. she told him everything. she let her guard down. again. eventually, the bruises were only on her heart. until one night this boy reminded her of the first boy who left all of the scars. he acted as if he was this first boy.

she left.

she was alone. but she always offered everything to the boy she loved. and still, she kept gaining bruises. bruises that would never heal.

but she can't blame them.

she believes that she let it happen to her. that she deserves the pain and suffering because that's what your partner is supposed to do, right?

her father ruined her perspective of love. he taught her that violence and abuse was what a woman deserved simply for being a woman.

even his own daughter.