The End

"I would start explaining what happened, but you would never believe me. You would much rather have a quick story so that you can go back to your pathetic life with your world right where you want it to be. Unfortunately that won't be happening, so since it looks like we have a lot of time on our hands, I'll tell my tale."

"When I was born I was the same as everyone else. I went to a normal school and loved a normal man. Everyone knew we were meant to be together so there was never competition, but this is not a love story. As we grew up we developed the powers that were meant for us. He had the power to control nightmares and cause them. I, on the other hand, could control and cause dreams. After the others were killed off, we then assumed our intended thrones."

"Killed off?"

"Yes, when the others were completely dead. What's not to understand?"

'Nevermind"

"Anyway, he became the god of nightmares, and I became the goddess of dreams. Our friends then became the gods of purity and childhood. A man who was like our brother became the god of music. We lived every day with pure joy and spent every night in the god of sleep's head. Life was perfect. The end"

"Then how did you end up here?"

"I wish I knew"