AlTalTam

"Well looks like it is time."

He looked at me with excitement but I could  still since the saddens in him from the story. He grabbed a cloth from inside his jacket and put it over my eyes. I heard some glass being thrown on the floor, but I didn't have time to react. He took my arm and drug me to the destination. 

"Hurry up we have 8 minutes to get to the mountain." 

Why 8 minutes? Was there someone meeting us there? If so then who? These questions flooded my mind, but only one question came out.

"What happens if we don't make it in time?"

"Then we test the sword first. Now stay quiet."

He quickened his steps which made me quicken my own. His tone was rushed and like a whisper. Where were we going?

Eventually we made it to the destination and he took off the blindfold. I was greeted by a harsh desert sun gleaming off of..... snow? It was warm, so how could there be snow?

I could barely see anything from the sudden brightness, but I could tell we were in a building high up. 

"This is my kingdom. A place of chance, luck, and soon immortality." 

With that said he pushed me over a railing and I fell. The last thing I remember was seeing Q's face smile as the wind around me rushed and then came to a sudden stop. I opened my eyes and I saw black. I wasn't in the corner like I was supposed to. This time I was in what felt like a void. No air past by me. No sound was heard. Just nothing.

I took a single step and woke up in the corner. 

"5 minutes" A little longer than he expected, but we'll test it more."

I look around to see the man of metal sitting in the other  corner. 

"5 minutes? I felt like I was gone for 5 seconds." I wanted to see if he was making things up to scare me, but he looked genuinely surprised. He wrote something down in a book and closed it. I then wanted to know more.

"Who are you, and why do you work for Q?"

He stopped at the door way and leaned against the side. He then side and responded.

"There are just somethings in this world you'll never know" He started to walk off when I yelled,

"What about your name?" 

I waited for a response then heard a faint answer,  

"AlTalTam"