𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
"Cheers"
——

Outside, Alpha and the Whisperers wait for them to bring Lydia to her

Outside, Alpha and the Whisperers wait for them to bring Lydia to her. "What's happening?" Ivy asks as her, Silas, Tara and Willow join the group on the guard post. Kelly rushes up the guard post and looks around frantically for Connie. "Listen, we can defend ourselves!" Jane shouts as she out to the women who calls herself Alpha. "I show you my face because we mean you no harm. I just want my daughter. I know you have her" Alpha declares and Jane scoffs as she looks away.

"You should turn around. Leave now and no one gets hurt" Daryl states while Janes hand slowly raises up to her gun in her holster. "Wrong answer" Alpha states before signaling for more Whisperers to show up. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me" Jane mumbles as she sees the whisperers in the distance. "That girl told me what her mom does to her. We ain't sending her back to that" Daryl states and Jane looks over at him, nodding her head knowing she doesn't want to see a kid in harms way especially since she has her own.

"What about Alden? Sydney? Luke? She could have them" Jane states as she looks around at everyone. "Pissing her off can get them killed" Tara states while Willow sighs in agitation. "I don't care how we get them back. I need Sydney back" Willow argues before Ivy places a hand on her shoulder for reassurance.

"Did you kill our friends? We found their horses" Magna states and Alpha shakes her head, saying no but promises if they don't bring her Lydia there will be conflict. Meanwhile, Connie hides in the cornfield nearby and nearly gets spotted by a Whisperer until they walk away. "No one touched the girl" Daryl states before he climbs off the guard post. "Where is he going?" Tara asks as she and Yumiko go after him.

"You're not gonna go with him? What if they have Sydney?" Willow asks and Jane turns to face Willow. "We will find Sydney but get off my ass about it" Jane orders as she gets in Willow's face. "Okay, stop it. We have bigger things to worry about" Silas warns as Jane sighs and backs away from Willow. "Yeah, like the flock of crazy people in front of us" Magna points out and Jane turns back to face Alpha and the whisperers while Daryl decides to walk outside to talk to Alpha face-to-face.

Daryl walks outside and Alpha instructs one of her people to bring someone. Daryl informs Alpha he's ready to fight her people to ensure she doesn't get Lydia back, until he spots one of the Whisperers with a baby. Alpha explains they're animals and "animals have babies." Suddenly, a couple of Whisperers bring forth bound and gagged Alden, Sydney and Luke. "Sydney!" Willow shouts out as she looks to Sydney who has a few bruises on her face and a bit of dirt covering her clothes. Alpha offers to trade two of them for her daughter.

"Two? There's three of them" Daryl states and Alpha forms a smirk on her face. "Then I'll just kill two of them. One for one deal. I'm thinking the blonde girl. She put up the biggest fight" Alpha whispers while Daryl breathes heavily looking back at Alden, Sydney and Luke.

A herd arrives and Alpha instructs her people to draw them away. Jane and the rest of them get off the guard post to see Daryl who walks back in after his talk with Alpha. "Daryl... What did she say?" Jane asks as she rushes up to him. "We got to
hand back the girl" Daryl informs and Jane sighs nodding her head.