𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
"Highway Men"
——

"Mm" Jane groans as she starts to wake up with her head is pounding like crazy

"Mm" Jane groans as she starts to wake up with her head is pounding like crazy. Jane rubs her eyes tiredly before opening her eyes and her vision slowly becomes clear. She was in her room, in her bed and when Jane looked over Magna was there too sound asleep. "Oh..." Jane breathed out as she covered her mouth in shock. Jane looked under the covers and saw that her and Magna were both undressed and she widened her eyes before covering her body up with the blanket.

Jane reached her hand out for Magna but she was afraid to wake her due to Jane being in complete utter shock and she doesn't remember much from last night and is starting to regret drinking so much. "Mommy" Roslyn says from outside Janes bedroom door before she knocks twice making Magna jerk awake. "What?" Magna asks as she starts to wake up. Once she was fully awake she noticed she was in Janes bed and she was also undressed.

"Oh— Hi?" Magna questions and Jane smiles awkwardly as she pushes her hair behind her hair. "One minute Roslyn" Jane calls out as she looks around the room and sees clothes scattered on the floor. "Did we?" Magna asks as she sits up in the bed. "I— I don't know. I— Ugh!" Jane groans as she grabs her bra off the ground and puts it on, her back facing Magna. "That's a big scar" Magna says referring to the scar on Janes lower back. Jane cleared her throat and slipped on her grey tank top.

"We need to get dressed. We're supposed to go to the Kingdom today" Jane says, trying to change the subject as she finds her clothes scattered around the room and puts each piece of clothing on. "Mommy!" Roslyn calls out again before knocking a few more times and Jane tosses Magna her clothes quickly. "One.... second" Jane says yet again before rushing to the door and opening it half way, seeing Ashton and Roslyn standing in front of the door.

"Oh— Ashton, hey" Jane says as she squeezes out the door awkwardly and shuts the door behind her. Jane pushes Roslyn's hair behind her ear gently as she looks down at her. "You slept really late and she was getting worried. Everything okay?" Ashton asks and Jane lifts her head up looking to Ashton who points at his neck and Jane quickly covers hers up.

"What's that mommy? Did you get hurt?" Roslyn asks as she furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Uh.. no— I— Who's ready for the fair!?" Jane asks quickly changing the subject and Roslyn claps her hands excitedly. "Will Judith be there?" Roslyn asks and Jane nods her head. "I'm pretty sure" Jane says as she hears rustling from inside her bedroom.

"I am gonna get dressed and we can leave soon— really soon" Jane mumbles as she looks between Ashton and Roslyn, Ashton who has a cheeky smile on his face. "Bye now" Jane says before kissing the top of Roslyn's head and quickly going back into her room and shutting the door behind her.

In her room, she sees Magna fully dressed and putting her shoes on and they just stayed in complete silence. "Listen, I don't remember much from last night" Magna confesses as she fixes her hair. "Me either" Jane replies as she puts her holster around her waist. "I guess I'll see you out there then" Magna says and Jane looks over at her and nods her head before sending her another awkward smile, "Yep" Jane mumbles and Magna clears her throat and exits the room, shutting the door behind her.