When Night Falls

It was night time and Watari helped you out of the bath tub. L was currently talking to the FBI about agents. "Watari?" She asked getting dressed. "Yes, my darling?" He asked. "Why is Ryu working super hard on this case? He solves the other ones quick. He seems more pressured." She said looking back towards the living room. "Its a tough case...thats all...are you going to help?" He asked. She grabbed his hand and walked towards her room. "I think I can. I have been working on it myself." She said. She played some tapes and wrote more notes down. "Ryu even said if I was older, and the case was going on, I could help." "Ah miss (y/n), you are doing well." He nodded and smiled. The six year old looked up at him. "Can I stay up for a while?" She asked. "Thats up to Ryuzaki." She ran out of the room. L closed the laptop and saw her run in. "Ryu...can I stay up?" She asked running over to him. "I dont know...its already late.." He said with his thumb in his mouth. "Also...Ryu....I wanna help in the Kira case." She said. "Ok...let's get you to bed.." He said immediately after. He grabbed her hand and led her into her room. Surveillance cameras were in there in case something happened. She got into bed. He turned the light off and said good night. She closed her eyes and went to sleep. "Watari. Do you think we could call the NPA? I want to see if she can join in. Her notes and ideas are what I like." Watari left and Ryuzaki headed into the living room. He looked at the t.v of her surveillance. She was sleeping soundly until she started tossing and turning. He studied it when Watari came out. "L. It looks like she's having a nightmare...we might want to do something about it.." He said with concern. He got up and left the room. He opened her door and saw her moving around. He picked her up and sat in the bed. He placed her on his lap as she stopped moving and thrashing. She got nightmares often, but no one knew why. When anyone asked she wouldn't say what it was. He knew the Kira case was important. But she was his only escape from all the stress.