Wanda x Natasha

Not a smut part

Wandas POV:

Is it worth it?!
Is it worth it, to love someone when you know that they hurt you every time without knowing. I'm giving everything but what I get is nothing or better I just get a bit happy but not enough to be completly happy.
We barely see each other. She's most of the time on missions, fighting bad guys and when she's home, at the compound she's not with me. It's like I don't even exist most of the time. She's here but at the same moment she's so far away.

But I can't lose her, I need her. I love her. I knew that Natasha was never the kind of relationship person but I thought it could work. She was the one who did the first step. She was the one who told me that it can work. And I believed it as naive as I was.

Now I'm falling. Falling hard for the Russian spy.

It's Sunday and Natasha is back from a mission since yesterday but I didn't see her since she came back. I mean yeah I saw her but we didn't talk. I don't want to bother her and I know missions can be hard so I'll not come to her after one. When she feels like it she comes to me.

It's 8am so I should go  grab something for breakfast. I don't eat much at the moment. I'm tired of eating but when Natasha is here I eat so she won't worry. She wouldn't notice it anyways but I like to overthink sometimes.

The compound was empty like really. It's Sunday yeah but no one is here like everyone is in their rooms except Natasha. I don't know where she is. Probably training or something else.

I grabbed some cereals and sat down at the table in the kitchen.

"Good morning little witch!" I heard Steve saying who was standing in the door frame. For a moment I had hope that it was Nat. I looked up with a disappointed face. "Oh, hey Steve." I said with a tiredness in my voice.
"What's with the disappointed look and the sad face Wands?" He said and stepped forward to sit next to me.
"It's...it's, I miss her Steve. I love her but I don't think she loves me. No she hates me. Goddddd." I barely screamed with a breaking voice. Steve now hugged me to comfort me a bit.
"Shhhhhh." He put is hand on my head to make me feel safe, something Pietro did when I was afraid or sad. "She loves you Wanda. She really does. I talked to her yesterday and she didn't mention something about hating you. It's all okay. "
I don't know if I should believe him or not but why should he lie to me. I just don't understand why she's ignoring me for most of the time. I just know that when she's there I'm happy and when not I'm sad.
After a few minutes of just sitting there and hugging him I heard footsteps. And I know those footsteps. "Good morning princess." Was what I heard and I immediately smiled at her voice. The moment she realized that I was crying and that Steve comforted me she realized that she ghosted me. "I'm so sorry." She said and ran to me to hug me. "I should've came back to you immediately after the mission." I couldn't say anything because I was just living in the moment. The moment of us both cuddling. A moment we don't have much off.

Steve left a few seconds after Nat arrived so we were alone. I thought she would talk to me about her mission but I was wrong. She didn't talk much at all, just a bit. Our conversation was five minutes long and then she left again to god knows where.
I'm so tired of her.
It's like we're lovers but not meant to be.

The lost feeling of love after Pietro died. Now it's back, but it's different and I don't like it. I don't want to be in love but I also can't break up with her because I don't want to hurt her. She's not as strong as she says. She's an emotional wreck and I'm here for her. I can fix her. Whatever it takes.