Chapter two

The funeral was rough.

Even though their were only about 30 people you could feel the loss in presence without my parents.I refused to do the eulogy knowing that I wouldn;t be able to handle it. The worse thing about saying goodbye is talking about it.So I chose not too.

The next couple of days were just as rough.

Grayson woke up kicking and screaming at night complaining that he wanted his mama and dada. I knew that one day he'd understand. One day he'd realise that his mom and dad loved him just as much as he loved them.

The legal stuff was pretty quick.Within 7 days I was given a paper with a bif offical stamp telling me that I was now Grayson Caleb Peters' new legal guardian.

The house depressed me.It was always so quiet and much too big for two people.So I decided that I should start looking for an apartment.I had a good amount of college money saved  and eventually I would need a job. Grayson  was turning 3 in just under a month and of course he would want a birthday party. For soemone who just lost his parents two weeks ago he seemed as if he was taking it very well. But then I realised that he was to young to understand just how important his parents were.

About two weeks later I found an apartment just outside of Nampton. After I spent 3 days packing up all our clothes and called a moving truck to move some off our furniture like a couch, the tv,the stove, the fridge,our beds and a kitchen table, I started making arrangements to auction off everything else including  some of my parents clothes.

Soon after we were in our new apartment settling in and I started job hunting.Grayson would be starting preschool on Monday and honestly I was a bit relieved.He was quite the handful but I loved him regardless."Sadie,when will I go to school?" he asked on the saturday."On Monday" I said to him."So how come I no buy crayons and stuff?".My eyes widened as I realised we hadn't gone school shopping at all.

"Your right,let's go now" I said as I grabbed our jackets and walked towards the door.

When we arrived at the store it was empty and then I had and idea.

"Hey Bug,You wanna play a game" I asked.

"YESS!" he screamed while clapping his hands excitedly.

I grabbed a trolly and told him to hop in.

When he did we started racing up and down the isles lauhging hysterically and gaining some dirty looks the employees.

After we were finished shopping we wwent home and got to bed.

I wne to bed with a smile on my face realising that we were going to be okay.