☾Chapter 1☽

As my friends and I head into the cafeteria, I notice the new member of Sam Uley's steroid cult; Embry Call. I don't really know him but I pity him. Sam's first victim was my best friend Jared and he left me to fend for myself amongst the bullies. I luckily made friends after a while and had a glow up over the summer.

"There goes another nice guy turned steroid jock." Mya groans as we sit at our designated table.

"It might be a small cult now but with the size it's growing to so quickly..." I trail off, growing angry and sad at the same time after making eye contact with my ex best friend.

"Hey, you got me now." Beau grins from across me, his many tattoos on display. He let me pick a few of them.

"Yeah, me too." Lukas says before throwing a carrot at me. I roll my eyes at his antics but can't help myself when a laugh erupts from my mouth.

"And you have Cash, Blythe, and I." Mya says, handing me a cupcake from her mom. I take from her and unwrap it before taking a bite.

"Mya, your mom is the best." I exclaim, earning hums off agreement from the boys. Lukas nudges me softly and I look up at him.

"He's staring again." Lukas mutters to me and I look over at the table to find Jared is indeed staring. I flip him off and Lukas pulls me into his side in a protective manner.

"It's a nice day out for once, we should have a beach day." I perk up at Beau's suggestion.

"I'm down." I grin, Lukas nodding in agreement.

"I have to work. But you guys go. I'm sure Cash and Blythe would love to get away from Forks for a bit." Mya sighs with a soft smile. Beau wraps his arm over her shoulder with a smirk.

"I'll make sure to give Cash a big kiss for you." Beau says to her teasingly.

"Oh stop it!" She whines, swatting his arm off her. We laugh at her embarrassment.

𖣊𖣊𖣊𖣊𖣊

La Push has the best beaches to just hangout at. Unfortunately, it's one of the steroid cult's favorite places.

"I swear they're everywhere lately." I groan, helping Blythe lay out the blanket.

"Probably trying to get more people to join." Blythe scoffs in disgust.

"Adette!" A voice I haven't heard in awhile shouts. A voice I never want to hear again.

"You have no right to call me that anymore." I say with a glare.

"Leave her alone Jared. She doesn't want to talk to you." Blythe hisses just as the boys join us. Once again, Lukas wraps me in his arms as a form of protection.

"I just wanted to let you know that Billy invited you to the bonfire tonight. And you too, Waller." Jared says about to walk away when his buddy, Paul, comes over. The larger boy and I make eye contact. It's weird, it's like he's the only other person who exists. It's like we're connected with an invisible string. He smiles slightly but we break eye contact when Cash clears his throat. That peaceful look on Paul's face is now replaced by one of anger. He looks between Lukas and his arms that are wrapped around my waist. He begins shaking and Jared pulls him away quickly.

"Hey, Det? You okay?" Lukas asks, untangling himself from me.

"I-I don't know." I mumble to him, my focus on the spot the buff boy just stood.

"Hey, I'm gonna take her home." I hear Lukas tell the others. He pulls me away to his forest green Jeep. He helps me into the seat and buckles me in as I'm still in a daze.