☾Chapter 4☽

I sit on the couch wrapped in Paul's arms while Beau, Cash, and Mya awkwardly sit around Emily's living room. Tear stains paint my friends and I's faces. Seth walks over to me after talking to Emily. He sits next to me with a look similar to a sad puppy.

"I can't believe she's gone." Mya says voice cracking. Cash pulls her into his arms and they stay like that. A small smile graces my lips at their interaction.

"I thought Mrs. Weller was getting better." Seth mumbles, eyes trained on the floor below him. I take his hand in mine and give it a gently squeeze.

"We all did, bud." Beau sighs, running his hands over his face. Sam walks in and waves Paul and I to follow him out of the room.

"We'll be right back." I mutter to the group, letting go of Seth's hand. I follow Sam out of the room and into another room with Paul.

"I think your friend Beau is going to shift soon. He's been really shifty like the guys were before shifting. Along with Jacob Black." Sam tells us. I nod in response to what he's saying.

"If Beau does shift, I'll deal with it. I'll be able to get through to him. He's basically my brother." I decide, looking over towards the living room. Paul snakes an arm around my waist in a protective manner.

"No, it's too dangerous." Paul protests, disliking the idea strongly. Sam excuses himself with a knowing look.

"Paul, I'll be fine. If it so happens that I get hurt, I'll heal. You know that." I tell him, making sure to not be too loud.

"We're not discussing this. You're not doing it." Paul states sternly. I know he just wants me to be safe but it's not his choice.

"He's one of my best friends, Paul. I can't just let him go through it alone." I sigh, moving out of his grip. "And it's not your decision to make. I'm gonna help him if and when he does shift." I state, joining the others in the living room. Blythe now sits with Cash, a look of grief, confusion, and processing on her face.

"He wants to talk to you, Dett." Cash tells me softly, nodding towards the room Lukas is in. I nod and head to it.

"Lou?" I ask, walking in quietly. He's sitting up in the bed now and looks less upset than earlier.

"Benny, I-I was hoping you'd help me with the funeral?" He asks me nervously.

"Of course I will, Lou. You're mom was a mother figure for me and I'd feel awful if I didn't help." I tell him with a small smile. He smiles softly at me. "You should get some rest, Lou. I'll come check on you tomorrow, alright?"

"Mkay, Benny." He nods with a yawn. I head back to the others in the living room.

"Seth, we should get home." I say to the younger boy. He nods and gets up. I pull him into my side and rub his arm. We say our goodbyes and Paul follows us out.

𖣊𖣊𖣊𖣊𖣊

"Why don't you head inside, Seth." I mutter, as we get out of Paul's truck. He mumbles out an okay and heads inside, leaving Paul and I outside.

"I appreciate you wanting me to be safe but it's not your decision what I do in life, Paul. Yes, the imprint affects your decisions when it comes to me but it isn't a reason for you to control my decisions. I hope you can respect that." I tell the Lahote boy.

"I'm sorry, Addie, I really am. I.. I just don't want you to get hurt. I'd never forgive myself if I let you get hurt." Paul admits quietly.

"It's okay, Paul." I smile at him and take his hand in my own. "Stay?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Of course, Addie." He smiles back and picks me up causing me to squeal in shock.

"Paul!" I giggle as he carries me inside to my room. We hear my aunt sigh and mutter 'young love' with our heightened hearing causing my face to grow red.

"Sue thinks we're dating, huh?" Paul smirks as he sets me down on my bed.

"She knows of the legends, Paul." I roll my eyes at him. "Besides, who said I'd want to date you?" I tease, with a smirk of my own.

"You. I seen it when I imprinted." Paul smiles, moving to sit next to me. He pulls me closer before putting me on his lap.

"What are you trying to do here, Paul?" I question, wrapping my arms around his neck and tilting my head slightly.

"Just say the word Addie and I'm yours." He whispers, his eyes falling to my lips.

"Paul..." I start of slowly, attempting to figure out what to say to the boy. "I.. Can we revisit this another time?" I ask timidly, not wanting him to feel rejected.

"Oh.. Um.. Yeah." He mumbles with a disappointed look. I sigh and take his face in my hands gently.

"I'm not saying I don't want to be with you, Paul. But now isn't the time to be having this discussion." I tell him softly. "Lukas just lost his mom and I'm grieving for her. The timing just isn't right."

"It's okay. I get it, Addie." Paul smiles softly. He pulls me closer and into a hug. "Take your time."

"Thank you, Paul." I mutter, my eyelids becoming heavy.

"Let's take a nap, it's been a long day." Paul whispers in my ear, laying back and pulling me down with him.

𖣊𖣊𖣊𖣊𖣊

I wake up to my door opening and spot Seth with tears running down his face. Paul still asleep behind me holding my waist. I wave Seth over and he lays next to me with his head on my stomach.

"It's gonna be okay, Seth." I whisper and play with his hair to relax him like I used to do when we were younger.

"I love you, Addie." Seth mutters.

"I love you too, Seth." I mumble to my younger cousin.