☾Chapter 2☽

It's been two weeks since the bonfire and I've fallen into some sort of depression. Not to mention Lukas' mother has gotten worse again. I've been locked away in my room for the last week, only letting Seth come in to bring me my food.

"Adette, you have a visitor." I hear Seth call from behind my door. I groan and sit up.

"Who is it?" I call back, voice hoarse from barely speaking.

"Beau and Mya." He answers.

"Adette, you can't lock yourself away forever. Come talk to us." Beau says in a gentle tone.

"I brought my mom's cupcakes." Mya adds. I slugishly get up and unlock the door, allowing them to come in. The three enter my room but the minute I look at Beau's concerned face, I break into tears.

"I don't know what's going on and Lukas won't answer me." I cry out and Beau pulls me into his arms. He plays with my hair before he begins to speak.

"Let it out, B." He whispers, Mya sets down the cupcakes on my desk and then joins the hug.

"Lukas... He's the newest victim of the cult." Mya whispers to me just before we all pull away from each other.

"I-I need to talk to Emily." I sniffle, trying to calm myself but it doesn't work and only makes me cry harder. Seth hops up and runs out the room saying he'll call Emily.

"Let's get you in the car." Mya says, gentle voice and actions. I slip some shoes on and let her lead me out to her car. Beau follows behind us with Seth.

"Emily said she'll be waiting." Seth says as we all get in the car. It doesn't take too long to get from my aunt and uncle's home to Emily's. When we pull up to the home, Emily is already waiting outside. She rushes to me and pulls me inside. The three try to follow but she ushers them away.

"I'll be okay." I say them before telling them to go home.

"What's going on, Adette?" Emily asks me as we sit at the table.

"I don't know. I feel like I'm missing something and it hurts. I don't know what to do." I tell her. But being in her home seems to make the pain hurt less. "Being here right now, it doesn't hurt as much." I whisper.

"I think I know what's going on but it's not my place to tell you about it." Emily sighs.

"Then who's is it?" I ask desperately. I don't want to feel this pain anymore. But before she can answer, Sam and his followers walk into the house laughing and joking around; this includes Lukas. I look down, keeping my eyes on my lap.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." Emily says to me and pulls Sam into the kitchen.

"Bernadette?" A voice questions. I look up and I'm met with a concerned Jared. As much as I hate him for abandoning me, I clasp my arms around him. His hugs always made me feel better and this time is no different.

"I don't know what's happening to me, J. I'm scared." I whimper and I feel him hug back hesitantly. I hear a scoff from behind me and I pull away from the hug to turn around. Standing before me is Lukas with a look of betrayal on his face. He has no right to act like that when he ignored me for the last week knowing how things happened with Jared.

"So you forgive him now?" Lukas laughs dryly. I feel the heat rise to my face in anger.

"I don't see you being concerned that I'm here after not wanting anything to do with these people expect for Emily." I scoff, pissed at his attitude.

"Oh I'm sorry Princess. Let me just worship the ground you stand on." Lukas says, sarcasm running through his teeth.

"What is your problem? We were fine two weeks ago and now you join them?! Suddenly I'm also the one in the wrong when I've spent the last fucking week trying to contact you while being locked away in my room because I couldn't get myself out the bed!" I shout at him, my anger growing and getting the best of me.