𝙻𝚞𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚇𝚐𝚗!𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛∞︎︎𝙵𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏

𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚞𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚕 (𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚍)
𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚝 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚘 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚑. 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚝 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚘
𝙻𝙴𝚃𝚂 𝙶𝙾

🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸❤️🧸

"Just walk up to her and say hi," I said to myself. 

I took a deep breath. My parrot, Mango, was sat on the wall beside me. She flapped her wings.

"Go on, go on," she squawked.

"Okay, I'm going," I said. "Stop flapping. You are going to get feathers all over me."

She flew off and sat on a wall slightly ahead of me. I wiped my hands on my clothes. I began to walk over to Luisa. She was talking to her family. I walked towards her. Her cousin, Dolores, looked at me. She whispered something to her brother Camilo. He looked at me too. He whispered something to Mirabel who passed it on to Isabela. After a few seconds, the whole family was glancing from me back to Luisa, who was talking.

This was the worst possibility I had thought of. I realised how bad of an idea this was. I looked at Mango. I was just a metre away from her. I turned and walked to her instead. I stood above her. I shook my head. She flew onto my shoulder. She nuzzled into my cheek. I reached into my bag. I pulled out some money.

"How about we go buy stuff instead?" I asked.

She squawked. I walked over to the fabric stall. I let Mango pick out threw new pieces of fabric. I payed for them and walked to the fruit stall. I bought a bag of apples and a small watermelon for Mango. She rubbed against my ear roughly as I did. She jumped from one shoulder to the other.

"You're distracting me," I said, trying to count coins.

She continued. I handed the stall owner the coins and took the fruit. Mango nipped my ear.

"Hey! What was that for?" I asked.

"Coward!" she screeched.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Coward! Coward! Coward!"

"I am not!" I said, defensively.

She started squawking.

"Don't mock me!" I said.

I started to walk away, holding the rolls of fabric, bag of apples, and watermelon. When we were walking past the Madrigal's, Mango reached down and bit my hand. I dropped the stuff I was holding. The fabric unrolled and the apples rolled away.

"Seriously?!" I shouted. "Off!"

Mango flew off my shoulder. She stood beside the watermelon. I crouched down to pick up the apples and fabric. Someone started to help me. I saw the one and only Luisa Madrigal.

"Let me help," she said.

She helped out all the apples back into the bag. I was internally panicking. She handed me the apples and watermelon while she picked up the fabric and brushed the dirt off of them as best she could.

"Thank you," I said, trying not to let my voice crack.

Mango flew onto her shoulder.

"Mango! Don't bother her! I'm sorry, she isn't usually like this. She's usually shy."