twenty-six

"Um, Minho," he started. "My friend invited me to go to the movies later and, uh, do you mind if I go?"

Minho stopped stirring the vegetable soup that he was cooking and turned to face Jisung, his eyes clearly displaying confusion. "Why do you need my approval? What am I? Your mother?"

He chuckled sarcastically before giving Jisung a serious look. "No. You can't go." He hissed sharply before realizing that he was acting a little possessive.

"I mean, your head is still aching, am I right? So just use this day to rest."

"But I'm fine now, I swear," he said, and Minho scowled at him. "You are not going anywhere for today, Jisung."

Annoyed, Jisung walked off to his bedroom and groaned. He then took his phone out and opened his contacts. He was just about to message Hyunjin and deny his offer when he suddenly questioned himself. Since when did he let Minho take control of what he wants to do?

He shut his phone and grinned mischievously, already having a plan in mind. He couldn't just let Minho stop him from doing what he wants.

When the night caved in, he quietly got ready for his spontaneous hangout with Hyunjin. He chose to be simple - he wore a yellow shirt and paired it with white jeans. He looked at himself in the mirror and was proud of his simple outfit.

The only thing he would have to accomplish now was to leave the house without Minho noticing. 

Leaving the bedroom, he saw Minho lying on the sofa, watching tv. He ran hastily - but quietly - down the stairs. He almost tripped but luckily caught himself at the last second.

If he hurt himself by accident, Minho would feel it and he'd certainly figure that he was about to do something sneaky. He tiptoed going to the front door and was able to leave the house successfully without getting caught.

Outside, he walked down the quiet road, the flickering streetlights frightening him and making him walk even faster.

He arrived at the cinema just in time, seeing Hyunjin who waved at him.

"You made it just in time, Jisung." He smiled. "Do you want to go inside? The movie is starting soon."

They bought tickets and popcorn and sat down in the cinema hall. During the movie, Jisung's mind was focused on something else. He couldn't help but wonder how Minho would react after finding out that he had snuck out of the house.

When the movie had ended and the lights went back on, Hyunjin's eyes landed on the black star on Jisung's wrist, studying it with interest. "Oh, you have a tattoo! May I see?"

Jisung was a bit puzzled until he understood what he meant. He turned his wrist, giving Hyunjin a better view of his so-called tattoo.

"Wow, that looks good. Can you recommend me the tattoo artist?" He asked curiously, and now Jisung had reached a point where he didn't know what to say.

"Are you sure that you want to get a tattoo? Uh, I mean, the prices are... um... very high," he said, quickly hiding his wrist behind his back.

"Ah, that's a shame. I wanted to get one too," he sighed, but his smile stayed. "It's not that late yet... do you want to come over to my place?"

To be continued...

Minho after finding out that Jisung snuck out of the house: