sixty-four

Jisung froze and his shoulders tensed when he heard Minho get up from the sofa and follow him to the kitchen. Swallowing hard, he turned around to come face to face with Minho who looked at him with narrowed eyes.

It was as if he was able to see right through him even though he had not said anything yet. His heart palpitated nervously, a red hue spreading over his cheeks.

"I... I need to tell you something important," he began and kept his gaze locked with Minho's.

"Go on. Tell me. I'm getting impatient," he said huskily, leaning closer and flustering Jisung even more. He drew in a deep breath, Minho's closeness making his head spin. Suddenly, it was much harder to concentrate.

Biting his lower lip, he braced himself. "I'm sorry, it's just that I don't know how to say this," he answered. "And I'm worried about what your answer will be..."

Minho sighed, twirling a lock of Jisung's blond hair around his finger. "You look nervous. Relax, there is nothing to be worried about."

Maybe it was the softness in his voice that made Jisung gain courage, because right at that moment, he had found the words he needed to say.

"Minho, I'm in love with you," he confessed without prior warning. His hopeful eyes observing Minho's reaction; his expression went from impatient to disbelief. For a few long and tedious seconds, he didn't say anything and just stared at Jisung.

He was frozen like an ice sculpture, making Jisung's fear of rejection grow. It had been so long since he'd been genuinely in love with someone.

"Even if you don't return my feelings, I want you to know that you are very dear to me," he added shyly. 

"You're quite... oblivious, huh." He smirked and leaned in to kiss Jisung, his eyes brimming with want and longing.

"I've loved you for a long time, idiot," he said, breaking their kiss and moving a bit lower to the neckline of Jisung's sweater.

"I want you," he whispered and went on to Jisung's jawline where he planted a few lingering kisses.

"W-What?" Jisung managed to stutter, believing that he was dreaming. His heart skipped a beat before its thumps became faster once again.

This had to be a dream. This was all he wished to hear for weeks, and it was just too good to be true.

"I love you so much,," Minho whispered soothingly into his ear. "And I always will." That was the last phrase Jisung heard before his body gave in to the happiness that had overwhelmed him, and he lost consciousness.

All of a sudden, his kitchen was gone and he was surrounded by nothingness. There was no ground and no sky, no beginning, and no end.

Swirling shadows enveloped his body as he floated in their midst, and when they faded, a mirror appeared right in front of him.

He couldn't explain where it came from and why it was here. He looked at it in confusion, seeing his own body, but the next time he blinked, the reflection suddenly changed.

He was no longer looking at himself, but at someone else. The man in the mirror was handsome like a doll—perfect in every sense. He had wavy silver-blond hair.

His pale lips were curled into a soft smile that conveyed a sense of warmth and friendliness. He had ivory skin and looked unnaturally pale. The blue of his iris was too vibrant; he couldn't possibly be human.

Jisung was unable to move, hypnotized by the man in the mirror. His pale lips parted, forming soundless words. Thank you, he said silently, his smile becoming melancholic. When Jisung blinked once more, the man was gone and he stared at his own reflection.

To be continued...

Lemme just go drop some sweet scenes before I drop bombs of angst MUHAUAHAHUA. Just kidding... or maybe not. You never know :D