Chapter 15

I somewhere knew that I’d been fed to lie since I was seven. They lied about my parents' death, they lied about beliefs, they lied about life being a garland of roses, and they lied about not lying to me.

Tell me something my subconscious, are we satisfied with discovering the truth? I wait for my thoughts to spiral in a tight coil but they kept on shrinking to a dot, a dot which I couldn’t connect to anything. It’s just a dot, a pointless point invading the space, indicating its presence by differing in color from the rest of its vast background. It is up to me to expand the dot into a line, a curve, or a circle. A line of thoughts will lead to nonstop sentences like headlines of the news, a curve of thoughts with be flexible to comprehend but it will end at a certain point when it will reach its utmost flexibility, and a circle of thoughts will lead me back to the start, again and again asking me to remember and expand the circle.

With utmost care, I expand the dot into a circle and it started appearing in blue and gray. I remember the blurry smiles of my parents leaving me with my aunt till they return from their trip, their smiles were fake. I struggle to pierce through their mind to witness the fear and anxiety. “Will be back in a month”, mom said as I ran into her arms, being unaware that this was my last. Her voice I can’t remember to listen. “Aunt’s scary”, I whisper in her ear and she laughs. Her laugh is long forgotten by my ears. “She won’t feed you broccoli so she’s not evil”, dad whisper and tickles me to make me laugh. His voice too is foreign for me to recollect. This was the first time when this all started and the last time for my perfect start. This is my first dot.

The second dot of a circle is the reports, the reports that were altered intentionally. The third dot is the cops whispering to my aunt, the truth they couldn’t tell to a seven-year-old orphan who was listening to their mumbles through the closed door but couldn’t understand and couldn’t remember. The fourth dot is Zed telling me about the secret investigation carried out in 2007 with three unknown passengers, the third being unknown. The fifth dot is the files of confidentiality I read. The sixth dot is Zain filling me in this matter. The seventh dot is Ayan confirming Zain's truth and the eighth dot is Ayan supporting his idea of them being humanoids.

The fifth dot and eighth dot connect to form a chord and it explains why there were numbers inscribed besides my parents' names. They work for Arbmtys now, they became killers.

“I’m sorry for your parents”, Xavier spoke up taking the lead to make this silence less painful for everyone. Sorry, what sorry? It was not on their to-do list to leave their daughter all alone in this world. “Why sorry? It was not like they were faded with living so they decided to fall to death into Arbmtys”, I say in a dry tone. They might be unaware of the unknown threat too or else they won’t jump into this mess. You did, my subconscious mocked. I did because my paranoia wasn’t confirmed before I walked into here. Oh, I see, I got it from my parents, they got some hints too but they still walked in thinking of those hints as to their paranoia.

If I’m to expand this circle then I need to fill in the rest of the details from Arbmtys. This circle of thoughts will fill the blanks. For my circle to expand, I’ve to focus on the present and let Ayan finish his storytelling.

“Your journal entry?”, I ask to keep his words running in the air. It seemed like Ayan zoned out for a moment, thinking about nothing but everything that he literally came back into Merlin of Heather and hummed to show his complete presence.

“The torn pages that Xavier told me about. Were the writings in italics?”, he asks contemplating onto something. Xavier nods and Ayan sighs. “I just realized that there is no network here. Our phones do not work and the dinner seemed a little sus with all those royal dishes that staff members were forcing everyone to eat. From your entry”, I force his brain to remember his entry, recollecting his words to support Xavier's nod. Ayan became confident about whatever theory his mind has created. “They took my journal away for the starters. It was on the day when we went for the run of survival. I somehow made it to security but they snatched away my journal and bag on the way. I guess they planted my journal like their warning of No one leaves”, he clarifies.