10

it was christmas eve and hope was sitting in her room finishing up josie's present. all she had to do was seal the wood so it wouldn't get ruined and it would be finished. she took the piece of wood out from her desk drawer and started putting the special paint on. since it was christmas break, all the students had gone home. the only students still at the school were josie, lizzie, and hope. hopes family was going to arrive later today to celebrate with them. MG and kaleb had both gone to kalebs house and ethan had also gone home.

//

josie was the type of person to wait until last minute to do her christmas shopping. she was on her way to target to get lizzie a harry styles vinyl when she spotted a painting set through the window of michael's. 'hope would love that' josie thought to herself as she walked in. she picked up the set and walked to the check out area. 'hopefully she likes it that'd be really embarrassing if she doesn't.'

//

meanwhile, back in hopes room, her and lizzie were brainstorming presents for josie. they had come to the conclusion that hope would also get josie a squishmallow because why not. lizzie had already decided and ordered josie's gift; one of those big comfy hoodies.

the day went by quickly as the girls all did their last minute shopping (same with alaric and caroline.) at some point throughout the day they all bumped into eachother in town, they tried their best to hide the presents in the bags.

"OOO IS THAT A VINYL!?" lizzie exclaimed.

"NO I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!" josie shouted back as she attempted to make the bag go invisible.

"oh hi dad, what do you have there?" said lizzie to alaric with a smirk on her face.

"nothing," alaric hurried off towards his car, same with caroline.

josie snuck a look over at hope and could see something green and soft in her bag. shortly after, the girls departed to go their separate ways.

//

it was 6pm when hope heard a familiar voice, "HOPE!! HOPEEEE! GET DOWN HERE AND GIVE YOUR FAVORITE AUNT A SQUEEZ!"

hope rushed out of her room, nearly falling down the stairs, and into her aunts arms.

"took you long enough. thought i'd have to channel my inner niklaus for a second and yell at the top of my lungs." said Rebekah.

"aunt rebekah i think the whole town could hear you," hope replied with a chuckle, "and you and freya are both my favorite aunts"

"well it's good to see you too" said kol from the corner of the room.

"KOL!" hope embraced her uncle in a hug. "are marcel and davina coming?"

freya frowned, "they had to take care of something in the quarter."

after hope greeted everyone with hugs and "i've missed you's" she finally got them to follow her up to her room.

"nice room" said finn.

"thanks" hope replied with a smile.

just then, alaric opened the door, "hello all... we've prepared some rooms for you guys. don't worry they've been unused for a while." alaric lead them to the end of the hallway where their rooms were. freya and rebekah were too room together, same with elijah and kol.

"so sad, finn was going to have his own room if he hadn't disappeared." alaric said. finn seemed to have wandered off and no one had noticed.

"i'll gladly take his room!" elijah said as he walked into finn's room with his bag.