Chapter two: Birthday of the fire Flare POV

I wake up, the sun is shining outside of the little cave/hut deal I call home. It's not much, but it's in a place where Shade and I can be close. His cave/hut is right next to mine. "SHADE! WAKE UP!" I yell into his cave and move my head as a dagger flies at me "Mornin' grumpy. Aren't you a little ray of sunshine?" I smirk as he walks out in his loose suit "Did you sleep in your suit,?..."

"No, I just change fast." He glares at me "And don't wake me up like that again."

"Sorry, sunshine." What can I say? I love getting on his nerves. I then end up with a dagger at my neck

"Call me sunshine again. See what happens." He smirks and taunts

"Whatever, sunny." I smirk and walk to the face if the cliff we were currently living at "Where's my cake? It is my birthday!"

"We're living off of squrriels, birds, berries, and mountain greens. Do you think I can make a cake?"

"Right..." I look down, even though Shade somehow managed to get a cake every year I doubted he could get one this year, we were running from cops. Long story short, I liked a car, so I took it. It ended up with me in jail, Shade having to bail me out (you should've seen his face and heard the talk I got), and about fifteen hundred dollars out of our bank. I then crashed a stolen car, and we're running "You did your best at least?"

"I didn't even try to get a cake. If we steal anything else and we're caught, we're screwed. I did make you this blueberry and mint roll." Shade smiles and brings something out that looks like the earth

"Cool! Looks good!"

"Be sure to-" He stopped talking when I ate it "Be slow...."

"Oo laye." (Too late) I said through the food. I then get an oddly warm chill

"D-d-do you feel that?"

"Yeah, Flaranò." I raise my sword, but immediately drop it, the sword was hot even for me. "I can't hold the sword. It's too hot!"

"I can't even touch my scythe!" I heard Shade yell as the dragon, as Flaranò, landed.

"Dad?!" I couldn't help but smile, I did miss the jackass, and I remembered how nice he was on my birthday. I ran up and hug his big scaly neck "How are you?"

"Good, my son." He wrapped his wings around me

"Sir." Shade probably bowed, but I was too bust hugging Flaranò to notice

"Skull spawn..." I heard a hiss in my father's voice, a familiar hiss, too familiar

"You seem to've gotten older since we last met."

"And you seem less protected." I turned around to tell Shade to run, but I was too late, I couldn't do a thing as I saw a fireball head straight at my brother, straight at Shade