Chapter 5:House Upgrade

A few days later, I woke up to a loud knock on the door. I stumbled outside, opening the door slowly to see a man. He wore a thick gray sweater with a dirty brown apron over it and messy brown hair.

"Morning. Need something?", I asked, yawning loudly.

"I noticed that you've been breaking stone open and finding some ore. That's good!", he said awkwardly. "If you want to make the most out of the ores that you find, you're going to need a furnace. It just so happens that I have some extra blue prints laying around. Here. I want you to have them.".

The man handed me a big piece of rolled up paper with some kind of instructions on them.

"Oh. I'm Clint by the way, the local black smith here in Pelican Town. When you've smelted some copper bars, consider having me upgrade your tools. It'll make your work a lot easier.". He slowly turned around, stepping off of the porch. "Well, I'm going home now. Take it easy.". And with that, Clint was gone.

I went back inside, plopping down onto my bed and opening the blue prints.

This doesn't look too hard. I just need 25 pieces of stone and 20 copper ore and boom. I can make a furnace, right?

I stood up, leaving the blue prints on the bed and swinging my backpack over my shoulder. Time to check how much I got from selling the parsnips. I made my way back outside to the box, opening it to find the money that Lewis left for me.

Wait. I had 10000 G. I could finally upgrade my house!

I immediately grabbed the money, taking the short cut on the left side of my farm to Sebastian's house since it was raining heavily out.

I quickly made my way inside, pushing through the door into the warm, dry house. I looked around, seeing Robin and Sebastian startled by my sudden entrance.

"Y/N, you're soaked!", Robin exclaimed, running out from behind the counter. "Sebastian, can you get her a towel please? You poor thing...".

Sebastian nodded, quickly making his way down the hall as I stood awkwardly by the door until he got back.

"Thanks, Sebastian. You didn't have to-". I stopped as he leaned towards me, wrapping the towel around my shoulders. I could've sworn that he was going to kiss me, but he didn't.

"My friends call me Seb, you know.", he said, stepping away. "Just don't call me Sebby. I hate that.". He glared at Robin as she let out a giggle.

"Thanks, Sebast-I mean-Seb! Dang it. Sorry...". I hid my face with the towel and Sebastian laughed. It was cute. But of course it wasn't like I had a crush on him or anything.

Right?

Who would like me anyway...?

I cleared my throat, stepping towards Robin's counter. "Um, anyway, I decided to get the house upgrade. I brought the wood too...". I looked down at the floor, still embarrassed.

"Oh! Awesome!", Robin exclaimed. "I'll start it first thing tomorrow. It should only take about 3 days to finish.".

I nodded, paying Robin and making my way back outside.

Time to go mining. Who knows? Maybe I'll find more copper to upgrade some of my tools. Maybe even some iron!

I went inside of the mine, noticing an elevator on the other side of the wall. Huh? How did I never notice that before? I went over to it, hovering my finger over each of the buttons. There were 120 floors, but only 25 were lit up. I shrugged, pressing the twenty fifth floor. The elevator closed, taking me down into the mines. Once I got down there, I immediately got to work. Breaking stone after stone, finding ore after ore, and going down ladder after ladder, even finding some iron and more cool gems on the way. There also seemed to be a chest with some kind of weapon or armor each 10 floors, so I collected them, continuing to mine as I did.