Chapter 22

(Y/N's POV)

"You ready Y/N?" Wilbur shouted from the entrance of the apartment. I was just putting on my mascara, "Almost!!" I yelled back. I finished up and grabbed my purse and walked out to where Wil stood on his phone at the entrance of the apartment, waiting for me.

I opened the door and let him out first. He thanked me and waited on the other side of the door. I closed the door and locked it, checking it so that we wouldn't get broken into.

I turned around and made my way to the elevator with Wilbur by my side. We got into the elevator.

"Do you know how to ice skate?" he asked. I laughed, "I did figure skating for five years, I think I'll be okay,"

"Really?" he asked, He crossed his arms and leant back onto the wall of the elevator. He looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"What? You don't believe me?" I gave him a dirty look. He laughed, "No, no! It's just funny to imagine you doing a little dance on ice skates,"

I punched his arm lightly, "bitch!"

The elevator dinged, signalling that we had hit the ground floor. We moved out of the way just in case anyone was at the door. Luckily for us, there was no one there so we got out and made our way to the car park.

"Your car or mine?" he asked. I rummaged through my bag. My car keys weren't in there, "Yours, I don't have my keys with me,"

"Okay," he replied. He pulled out his keys from his pocket and unlocked his car. He got into the driver's seat while I got into the passengers.

"Okay... I've got find were this place actually is..." He put his phone in the carrier on his windshield and then typed in the address to the skating rink. The rink was about twenty minutes away. He pressed the 'start directions' and off we went.

(Time Skip – they're at the rink)

"Oooo this place is nice!" I said. Wilbur agreed by nodding his head.

The rink looked like it belonged in a magical forest. The walls were lined with a thick layer of green plastic plants such as ferns, vines, bracken and it was topped with a light white layer of artificial snow. There were also large fake spruce trees the lines the outskirts of the area. Over the top of the rink was a bunch of warm yellow coloured fairy lights and an snow machine. Slow music played in the background. It was quite beautiful. And also cold but yeah-

Wilbur went to go pay for our skates and stuff while I went to go get food. I went to the cafeteria area and looked for something that both Wil and I would probably like. I scanned the list that was placed above the pay area. 'Hmm, what would we both like...' I thought. My eyes landed on something. 'A caramel frappe for two' was what it was called. I went up to the counter and ordered it. The place wasn't awfully busy it was still semi-busy though. After a few minutes of waiting I collected it and went back to where Wilbur was standing. He had two pairs of ice skates at his feet. He looked up and saw the caramel latte. He laughed, "Did you really just buy that?" He looked up to me. I looked at him with straight face, "yes." I was trying not to smile, which didn't last for long. I burst out laughing and so did Wil.

We found an empty table and put our stuff there, with the hopes that it wouldn't be stolen. We had like half the drink so that we didn't throw up while we were skating. I grabbed the skates and put them on as did Wilbur. I waddled my way over to the entrance of the rink. Wilbur followed a few seconds after. I slowly made my way into the rink. I hadn't skated in a very long time so I slip a few times before regaining my balance on the cold ice.

Wilbur finally got across to me after several failed attempts of trying to get from the carpet to the ice. Very amusing. He skated over to me, "Fucking finally!" he said. I grabbed his hand and started to skate away, pulling him with me.