Chapter 15

Percy's POV

        The son of Phobos, Kieran, led them to an elevator. The doors were black with tiny red inscriptions written in a language Percy didn't understand. Above the elevator was a sign that proclaimed, PRIVATE TRAINING.  He pushed the elevator button and impatiently tapped his foot. After standing there for a few seconds, he huffed and crossed his arms. Fifteen seconds later, still no success. He leaned forward and began violently jamming his thumb into the DOWN button, muttering things like "Stupid elevator", "Piece of schist", and "So goddamn slow." 

        When the elevator doors slid open Percy took a deep breath and slowly strode in the small room. When he turned towards the door he saw it still open, Annabeth hovering outside the doors. She smiled weakly, "I think I'll just take the stairs."

        Everyone, save Kieran, looked towards her with sympathy. Everyone knew that the daughter of Athena was still wary of elevators after the duos time in, well, here. Percy had eventually gotten over it but Annabeth refused to enter them. When visiting Percy's mom, on the eleventh floor mind you, Annabeth insisted on taking the stairs, calling it needed excercise. 

        She had tried the same thing on Olympus, but it would take forever to walk up 600 flights of stairs. If there were even stairs. But she had still protested until Athena herself was forced to flash down and take Annabeth up there personally. It had been a blow to both thier prides, no doubt, but another thing about Athena and her children, they were stubborn. 

        "No stairs," Kieran said gruffly.

        "Then I'll find some other way to get down there," Annabeth said, her nose slightly upturned.

        He sighed in annoyance, "There aren't any OTHER ways down there."

        "I'll find one," she insisted.

        The two blonds just stared at each other until Kieran's annoyance turned into anger. "Get in the elevator," he said, sounding sligthly strained.

        "No."

        Something started shimmering on Kieran's back. When the son of Poseidon looked closer, he saw that they were axes, one crossed over the other. Celestial bronze with silver edges and wooden handles, wrapped in leather.

        Nico had told them that the soilder's weapons could appear on thier person by will. Or if the owner was feeling particularly violent. If those hatchets were beginning to materialize on his back, he must have been thinking some very hostile thoughts towards Percy's girlfriend. 

        "Get in the dam elevator," He growled.

        "No."

        Ok, the axes were officially solid. And they looked sharp.

        Percy quickly stepped out of the elevator and wrapped his arms around Annabeth. She smelled great, not gonna lie.

        "Annabeth please," he whispered.

        "Percy," she murmured back.

        "Come on," he pleaded.

        "I can't, Percy, I just can't."

        "I'll be with you the entire time," He slipped his hand in hers, "I won't let go. I'm never letting go."        

        She looked into his eyes and Percy could see her cave, "Fine."

        Kieran tiredly pushed the second button labeled ELITE. The elevator ride lasted all of ten seconds. The whole time Annabeth had one hand clutching the hand rail, and one hand cutting of the circulation to Percy's wrist. Her eyes were squeezed tightly closed and it looked like she was praying.