Wishing on a Miracle

Next day

My eyes opened up to see sprig hovering over my head "uh what're you doin'?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Just watching" spring answered.

"Uh weird.." I said sitting up in bed

"It's not that.. never mind.. I was just bored okay" sprig said getting off my bed "well go find something to do cause watching me sleep is weird" I replied getting up from the bed stretching "well can we hang out?" Sprig asked "I don't know if we can maybe later I got something to do in town" I said putting on my shoe

"Ooh really! Can I join?" Sprig asked "no it's a thing I gotta do alone" I said going up the stairs to leave the basement with sprig tailing behind "but Annnnnnneee I'm bored!" Sprig complained "then go find something to do without me" I said going to the front door opening it and leaving the house.

I looked behind me to see if sprig was behind.

Luckily he wasn't following so I hurried my way over to town.

I sighed as I slowed down the pace to a walk.

Walking down the long old dirt road I put my hands behind my back as I kick some stones as I walked.

It was quite warm and was gonna get hotter if I stayed out in the sun.

"Take risks.." I told myself as my pace slowed down.

"What kind of risks do I have to take?" I asked myself.

"I need a miracle.."

It's not just a phase
Now let me explain
I'm working through some shit
Sometimes I'm medicated
It's hard to relay
The thoughts in my brain
I'm working for a life that's not domesticated
It never goes the way that you planned
Success is a door that always slams
I'm trying to break it
Searching for words, and praying for signs
I struggle to find the rhythm and rhyme
Don't know how to say it
That I'm losing my mind
Trying to find the perfect line
I think I'm running out of time
I need a mira-miracle, a mira-miracle
Yeah, I'm losing my mind
Counting seconds passing by
And I don't know when I'll be fine
I need a mira-miracle, a mira-miracle
A miracle

I finally got to town and everyone was acting the same as they always do little market stands here and there everyone walking around and snails going by.

"Good to see everyone back to normal.." I said to myself as I cross my arms.

"I know.. I mean it was like two days ago since that whole.. thing happened" hop pop said walking to my side "oh just the frog I was looking for." I smiled facing the old frog "if it's about.. last night save it for later just play it cool" hop pop said "what why?" I asked "if they wanted it or not we brought the towns people into something and they don't know yet.. only half of the town knows and the other half has no idea about the whole revolution" Hop pop answered "shouldn't we tell them?" I was questioning what the plan was here "there's gonna be townsfolk that won't fight for us but we need as many people so if they don't want to fight for us we're gonna make them fight for us" hop pop answered "What!? How is that gonna work and isn't that wrong!?" I asked "no no no Anne if the toads attack they're gonna have no choice to fight we aren't bringing the toads here they're gonna come on their own" hop pop replied with a chuckle "maybe it's a bit wrong.. so what was that question about?" Hp asked "it was about where would I be placed to defend" I asked "oh no you aren't going anywhere you're the champion our best fighter and our towns protecter if they're gonna get me they're gonna have to get through you first.. you are free to be anywhere to defend" hop pop said "so I'm your bodyguard?" I asked.

Hop pop shrugged his shoulder and laughed "yea you can say that"

"Wow.. okay" I said "spring and polly know?" Hop pop asked "no they don't as far as I know at least I made sure sprig didn't follow me here" I said "hm.. okay" hop pop replied.

"Well I should get going.. you can go Anne just remember keep it cool the kids don't need to know.. not yet at least" Hop pop said as he left going further into the town.

I turned around and headed back home.

"I was hoping for a different situation.. just a talk and I gotta walk all the way back home gonna die of heat stroke before then" I told myself.

I sigh as put my hands behind my back.

Later

"Ugh" I said wiping off the sweat from my face and neck.

I got home and open the door.

"Hey Anne"

Marcy stood in the house with her arms opened wide "missed you" she smiled.

No hesitation I jumped into her arms holding her tightly "I missed you too!" I squealed burring my face in her shoulder crying.

"Aww Anne.. let it all out" Marcy said patting my back.

"It's been so long!" I cried out

"Shh shh it's okay anne I know it's been awhile"

A few minutes or so I pull away from Marcy's embrace my tears were gone and I looked her up and down "what're you doing here?" I asked

"Well word get around quickly.. something about two creatures that aren't from around here fighting on a collapsing toad tower "I thought it would be you and Sasha.. and i was right.. so.. where is Sasha?" Marcy asked putting her hands together looking around.

"Yea about that.." I said looking away.

"We kinda fought to the death on that tower.. she's alive.. but she's mad at me and we aren't friends so.." I avoided eye contact "oh.. I'm sorry.." Marcy said her voice got quiet "don't worry she tried to kill everyone in this town so.. I kinda protected them" I said trying to smile.

I took Marcy by the hand and walked her over to the couch and sat us down.

"So where have you been?"