Synopsis and Teaser

WARNING: strong language, sexual content, drug abuse, violence, assault. 

Adora Arison is a determined, resourceful, quick-witted twenty-one-year-old student at Harvard. She has her father's company waiting for her, a wonderful boyfriend and an envious reputation of a ruthless mean girl.

But she has an itch... an itch only her boyfriend's friend can scratch.

Adora is prepared to do anything to keep her secret, even negotiate with Harvard Crimson's quarterback, Graham Koch.

Elaine Jenkin's life has taken a turn for the worse. After endless internships, fighting for her grades and ultimate burn-out followed by deep depression, Elaine turns self-destructive.

During one awful night out, Elaine gets pregnant with the Harvard Crimson's quarterback, Graham Koch.

When the police find the quarterback's dead body, two girls have nothing but shrugs to offer, even as vicious rumours about them being involved in the murder circle the campus.

Rumours are just rumours, right? 

***

Conversation stops the moment my black boots clank against the black and white tiles.

Girls glance at me under their lashes, their eyes quickly jumping back to their plates. Tension fills the room. It's a strange feeling, having so many eyes on you at once. It should make me feel exposed and naked, but instead it makes me glad I chose a dress slightly too short. Hushed tones follow me as I stroll through.

"That's her."

"She lives here."

"That's the girl they talked about."

"Do you think she did it?"

I don't mind attention, especially when it's given this freely. I lift my head and embrace the walk of shame. If these bitches think they can make me cower, they're wrong.

"Adora." A tall, slim redhead stands in front of me. I don't know her name. "Someone's looking for you outside."

My gaze settles on her, "Who?"

The girl is pretty, in a sort of ordinary way, like she's not completely aware of it so she doesn't know how to flaunt it. She sucks her lower lip in, her gentle, green eyes dart back to her friends.

Are they afraid of me? Or they simply don't want to be associated with me?

"Some guy." She shrugs and hurries away.

My step quickens along with my heart. I reach the end of the hallway, but before I leave, I turn around and face the people in the room. They stare at me, mouth half open, eyes slightly wide.

I curtsy.

Gasps fill the room.

As I leave the Winthrop house, more eyes follow. I find myself on the stony steps in front of the red-bricked building, looking over the street and the black motorcycle parked by the sidewalk. Eric is there, a cigarette in hand, a leather jacket flung over his arm.

The way his dark, protruding eyes slide across my dress makes my head spin. His light brown, dishevelled hair sways in the sudden breeze. I welcome the air cooling my skin. It's not just the leather jacket, or the dark eyes, or even his kissable lips. It's the fact he scans me from head to toe like I'm a prize to be won.

And I know, every aching part of me knows I should stay away.

Eric doesn't smile, "You've got some explaining to do, sugar."

His entire body is tense. I want to relieve him, comfort him, make him feel better, but I know I can't. Not here, not with so many eyes watching.

"Not a good time." A thin smile grips my lips and I glance at the Winthrop house windows. Heads peek over the windowsills.

"Hop on." Eric inhales, his head cocks to the black motorbike.

A battle rages in my mind. I know I owe him some explanations, but my dilemma goes beyond that. A classic for and against English essay begins writing on its own in my head.

I shouldn't go with him.

No, because everyone's looking at us.

No, because Mark might find out.

No, because riding on that motorcycle brings nothing but trouble.

I should go with him, because-

Well...

Everyone's looking at us.

Mark might find out.

Riding on that motorcycle brings nothing but trouble. 

***

COMING SOON! Probably sooner than soon because I have zero control over my brain! 

If you want to get an update when the first chapter is posted, add this book in your library and follow me. Happy reading <3